Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase with the Foreground tool

paulanator

I am trying to chase channels that are not contiguous, or next to each other. For example, I have 256 DMX channels in RGBW, and I want to chase just the white channels or just a specific color.

I have tried to turn on Foreground, then select the area all the way down, and when I do the chase, all the channels chase, not just the ones already on.

I have attached an example of what I am working with.

I could not find anything in the help files or on the forums that say the foreground does not work with chase. Maybe I missed it?

Any ideas on this?

Attached files 272311=15053-Capture.JPG

I have a few sequences like this, and could not come up with an easy fix. The best way I have done it is do the chase sequence for the amount of channels you want, ie you want the white (7 channels) ones lit, so the first 7 channels I create a chase sequence, then I cut and past where each one would go.

It's a time consuming thing to set up, but once it's done, it's done. I use tracks for this purpose. I would set up a track for each color. Then it is easy to do what you are looking to do.

I'm not a big fan of tracks, but this is a good use for them. Create a track with just the white channels in it, and then you would be able to set the chase up in that track.

D.T.

The paste from foreground checkbox controls whether or not copied "off" effects will overwrite existing effects when pasted.

It would have the same effect in a chase, meaning the "off" effects of your chase wouldn't copy over cells that are already in use.

The chase command in LOR will only chase contiguous channels.

The other posters in this thread have mentioned two ways which it could be done. I would go with one of those.

Thanks guys,
that is pretty much what I thought.

I think I will just create tracks, that seems to be the best and quickest for now.

Sure would be cool if the chase worked across channels, and not contiguous :)