Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert a Video in My Show

gmac

This season I would like to add Video and would like LOR S-2 to control when it starts and stops with the song. I have the song sequenced and would like to use it to control the lights, the Video would have no audio.........Is this possible ??
If so please let me know or point me to the area where this is discussed.

I think you have two options here:

(1) Use a video editing program to create a new video file that uses the, um, video of your original video along with the audio of your song. Then use LOR to play a sequence that uses that new video file. Or:

(2) Make the sequence play the song and use a Windows shell command to tell Windows Media Player (or some other video player) to play the video.

I think the first option would work the best, as you wouldn't have to worry about the song and the video being slightly out of sync.

Thank You for the reply...I think ooption 1 is the way I'll go.......could you recommend some software programs that could do this? (Without a high learning curve (LOL cuz I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to this stuff)

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with video editing software. If you don't get a meaningful response in this thread, you might want to try posting another thread with some title like "Recommendations for video editing software?". Perhaps that might get some views by people who know stuff about that kind of thing.

Premiere Elements is a consumer-level editing suite, and it's not bad. The last version I used of it (v9) was sadly a step backwards in performance. V10 is out now, and I have not used it.

If V9 wasn't as bad as I found it to be, I would recommend V10 to you.