Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Channel Grouping

Ralph A

I have S3 running 3.0.0. I opened a seq, (from2.9.4.) Did a little seq and saved and then reopened the seq under the new seq number. My header shows 3.0.0, but in my tracks I do not see the small + or - to collapse or expand. I read the help file but I'm wondering if I have to do something else to get the seq into s3? What am I missing?

Thanks

Ralph A wrote:

I have S3 running 3.0.0. I opened a seq, (from2.9.4.) Did a little seq and saved and then reopened the seq under the new seq number. My header shows 3.0.0, but in my tracks I do not see the small + or - to collapse or expand. I read the help file but I'm wondering if I have to do something else to get the seq into s3? What am I missing?

Thanks

Let me see if I have the timeline of events correct.

1) You installed 3.0.0
2) You opened a sequence created/used in 2.9.4.
3) You created channel groups (right click on channel "convert to group")
4) Saved with a new file name.
5) Re-opened the sequence.

At step 5 are you saying the groups were not there?

Correct, then, at step 5 when I reopen the file it is the same as If was in 2.9.4. Meaning, what I called the tracks in 2.9.4 are the same in 3.0.0. ( no visible + or - on the left) I thought I could collapse the channels within a track to do group effects. I can't see what I'm missing?

What you called "Tracks" in 2.9.4 are still tracks.

There is no +/- sign that appears at the tracks level.

Right click on a channel. Any channel. (Not that one! (Kidding.)) See where it says "Convert to Group"? That's the channel grouping feature.

Channel grouping and tracks are two different things.

3) You created channel groups (right click on channel "convert to group")
Please stand by I think you spotted my error! I was under the impression that tracks would become groups under the new S3. I see now, thanks to step 3 I will need to recreate them into groups not tracks. I believe this will get me on the right track. Opps I mean group!!