Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar export error

timmy

I have imported my visualization and did some sequencing. I am trying to export the file so I can get it in sequence editor so I can see the full screen. It gives me an error saying my version does not support exporting over 4 green sequencing grid rows. I have the 4 CCR version. I do not know how to change my sequences so they will export. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Timmy.

Attached files 272257=15046-ssvis.png

I am having the same problem, I have 2 CCR's set up for 4 arches, I have the 2 CCR license. When trying to export a SSS I get" Your version of SSSE requires that your Visualization have 2 green sequenceing grid rows or less during export"

I have 3 CCRs set up as 4 arches and a circle. I did a single CCR sequence and it exported fine. I am stuck, as I do not want to sequence 3 separate sequences to import for every sequence I have.

I was going to post this morning about this error as well. I tried the same song with one of the included visualizations and it exported fine. I was thinking this morning I was going to have to make a new visualization (or two) to get all of my props to auto-sequence, then do a bit of copy-paste to make it all happen.

timmy wrote:

I have imported my visualization and did some sequencing. I am trying to export the file so I can get it in sequence editor so I can see the full screen. It gives me an error saying my version does not support exporting over 4 green sequencing grid rows. I have the 4 CCR version. I do not know how to change my sequences so they will export. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Timmy.

The 4 CCR version will export up to 4 CCRs, or it will do 3 CCRs and one row of other lights, etc. In other words, you can export up to 4 sequencing rows.

James Graham wrote:

I am having the same problem, I have 2 CCR's set up for 4 arches, I have the 2 CCR license. When trying to export a SSS I get" Your version of SSSE requires that your Visualization have 2 green sequenceing grid rows or less during export"

With the 2 CCR license you can export up to 2 sequencing rows. In your case it sounds like your 2 CCRs are being split up into 4 sequencing rows. When you import a visualization it defaults to 'sort by rows' because this is normally the best, but it can result in more sequencing rows. You can try importing using 'Sort by CCDevice, Props, Fixtures' to see if it will give you 2 sequencing rows.

BillyTRichVa wrote:

What exactly is one row of other lights?

Each light in your visualization is mapped to a green box in the grid above the visualization. Each row of green boxes I call a sequencing row. click on you lights, or click on the green boxes to see which one maps to what.

I have tried all the options on import and the best I can get is 3 rows, one row each for the CCR's, then partial row for all the rest of my lights. so.....guess I have to upgrade to the 4 CCR license?

James Graham wrote:

I have tried all the options on import and the best I can get is 3 rows. so.....guess I have to upgrade to the 4 CCR license?

If you are only trying to sequence 2 CCRs there should be a way to get them represented by 2 sequencing rows. Please email me you visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will see what is going on

OK, see what you mean about one row of lights. When I exported, I got an error about channel 1.15 being assigned to more than one objest in the visualization file, but it appeared to export ok and I was able to bring it into the sequencer ok. This is promising.

When I import my visualizer in SuperStar, it breaks each of my porch columns and my upper and lower sets of icicles into separate items. I believe if there were a way to get the program to keep them grouped then my export would work. Any ideas on how to keep the editor from separating my items. BTW I double checked in the visualizer and I do have them mapped together as one for columns and one for icicles. Thanks in advance!

timmy wrote:

When I import my visualizer in SuperStar, it breaks each of my porch columns and my upper and lower sets of icicles into separate items. I believe if there were a way to get the program to keep them grouped then my export would work. Any ideas on how to keep the editor from separating my items. BTW I double checked in the visualizer and I do have them mapped together as one for columns and one for icicles. Thanks in advance!

Please email me your visualization file, zip up into a zip file first or else it gets chopped off by the email system. Email the zip file to brian@superstarlights.com

Thanks, I started looking at the problems with Visualization files last night, I will continue to do so today.

Update..... Until Brian finds a fix for the problem I found a workaround for my particular situation. I decided to share in case anyone else might could benefit from it. I had noticed that when using the instant sequence with the visualization, SuperStar was separating my four columns into four channels which in reality are set up as one channel in my display. Also my display has the upper and lower icicles set up as one and SuperStar split it into two. To get my sequence from six grid rows down to four that my license supports I deleted three of my columns and the upper icicles from the visualizer and saved the visualizer as a unique name so it would not delete my original visualizer file. I then was able to export my SuperStar file and use it in the sequence editor. I just re-loaded my actual visualizer file and all worked well. Thanks to Brian as I am sure he will find a fix to the issue at hand.

The license is very misleading, it quotes:

' If you are going to use the SuperStar Sequence Editor for the Auto Sequence feature then you will likely be concerned with the number of channels supported. For Each CCR unit the software will support 150 channels so the basic 2 CCR version supports 300 channels.

I have 112 channels of LOR, then 2 CCR's, another 100 channels, well under the 300 channel limit. However, the SS will only allow me to export 2 rows, both my rows are taken up by the 2 CCR's, my third row has all my 112 LOR channels in one row. I bought the 2 CCR license and now it will not let me export my complete setup.

James

James Graham wrote:

' If you are going to use the SuperStar Sequence Editor for the Auto Sequence feature then you will likely be concerned with the number of channels supported. For Each CCR unit the software will support 150 channels so the basic 2 CCR version supports 300 channels.

I have 112 channels of LOR, then 2 CCR's, another 100 channels, well under the 300 channel limit. However, the SS will only allow me to export 2 rows, both my rows are taken up by the 2 CCR's, my third row has all my 112 LOR channels in one row. I bought the 2 CCR license and now it will not let me export my complete setup.

James

2 CCR are in fact 300 channels.

1 CCR = 50 channels red, 50 channels green, 50 channels blue which if 150 channels per CCR.:D

EDIT: Try this. Make a visualizer using only your 2 CCRs run the instant sequencer and get it like you want it. Export your work. Now make a visualizer with your other 112 channels. Run the instant sequencer and get it like you want it, and export that work. Now open both the exported sequences in S3. Also open a sequence with your whole 2011 channel line up. Cut and past everything into the sequence with your whole 2011 channel line up and see how it works.:cool:

Disclaimer. I have not tried this have only thought about it. There may be something that I am over looking.:(

BTW. I have the 2 CCR license also and need it to cover more channels so I will be upgrading, so I can do everything at once.

James Graham wrote:

' If you are going to use the SuperStar Sequence Editor for the Auto Sequence feature then you  will likely be concerned with the number of channels supported. For Each CCR unit the software will support 150 channels so the basic 2 CCR version supports 300 channels.

James

I agree we should come up with a better way to state it. 2 CCRs is 300 channels, so you are using your full 300 channel limit with the 2 CCRs. The stated channel limit is assuming 3 channels per square that is in the green sequencing row. But each square actually represents lights at a particular location. The worst case is having one color of lights at each location. Each sequencing row can have up to 50 squares, so two rows would be 100 channels. The best case is have red, green, blue, and white lights at each location which means each green square represents 4 channels, so two rows would be 100 squares time 4 channels equals 400 channels.
This is a new approach to sequencing and it is confusing at first.
It is difficult to explain, so maybe a better way to phrase it would be that a 2 CCR license supports
1) 2 CCRs or
2) If you have no CCRs it can support up to 400 channels of regular lights but typically it will be used for a much smaller number such as 50-100 channels.
3) Organzing your non-CCR channels into rows makes manual sequencing easier and better 'Instant Sequences' because you can do horizontal sweeps and chases across your non-CCR channels this way.