Light-O-Rama Forums

Win 97

Caleb Linburg

Richard Hamilton wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Richard Hamilton wrote:
Hey!  it could be worse... He might have wanted to run it on Apple !!e or TRS-80!

You are probably going to need to run it on a newer computer with at least Win 2000 on it.

S3 needs Win XP or newer

Hmmm, that is interesting.  I am running it on an old computer in the garage with Win 2K.  Is there functionality I am missing?  It seems to work fine!

Some of the programs in the suite need functions from Windows that were only available starting with XP. For example, you may have problems starting or running the Visualizer.

You are more than welcome to install and try to run the suite on unsupported platforms. Unfortunately, if you have a support issue with one, we won't be able to help you.

DevMike wrote:

Richard Hamilton wrote:
JBullard wrote:
Richard Hamilton wrote:
Hey! it could be worse... He might have wanted to run it on Apple !!e or TRS-80!

You are probably going to need to run it on a newer computer with at least Win 2000 on it.

S3 needs Win XP or newer

Hmmm, that is interesting. I am running it on an old computer in the garage with Win 2K. Is there functionality I am missing? It seems to work fine!

Some of the programs in the suite need functions from Windows that were only available starting with XP. For example, you may have problems starting or running the Visualizer.

You are more than welcome to install and try to run the suite on unsupported platforms. Unfortunately, if you have a support issue with one, we won't be able to help you.

Hmmm... My show machine for the past few years has been running Win2k. One of my projects since upgrading has been to do some swapping to get an XP machine to run the show. I definately will not run the visualizer on the show box though. I'm now wondering if it's worth a little effort to see if the shows will run on it or not.

It's your decision if you want to test it or not. Me personally? If the company is telling me it's not supported then I would be testing it heavily for sure.

To clarify what I am doing...

I do all of my show development work on Win7... creating sequences, etc.

I only RUN the shows from an older Win2K computer and all has run fine. Just for giggles, I tried running the visualizer on the W2K computer and it ran fine... I understand about minimum supported computers. If I have trouble, I will upgrade to Win 7 at that time, yet as long as everything is working on the OS, you know the ole adage, "If it ain't broke....

:-)

Mike - I hear ya, believe me! And to be honest with you, I think I would spend considerably less time in moving the two computers, getting the software switched around and getting them both running then I would to get that machine going to a point to where I feel comfortable about the show running trouble free throughout the season.

And let me take this opportunity to tell you that I not only appreciate your efforts following the SW release, but am incredibly impressed with your level of recent commitment supporting the software and now Brian's efforts as well.

Thank You sir!

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Hey!  it could be worse... He might have wanted to run it on Apple !!e or TRS-80!

or the trusty old commodore 64

wacam wrote:

Richard Hamilton wrote:
Hey! it could be worse... He might have wanted to run it on Apple !!e or TRS-80!

or the trusty old commodore 64

Atari 800. That's how I ran my first animated lighting display!