Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Bug, Design or am I doing it wrong...

jimswinder

Seems the only way to be able to drag a channel into a group is if that Group is "expanded" (- sign by group name) as opposed to "closed" ( + sign by group name)

is this true?

or am I doing something incorrect?

Also, would be nice to have a "Add To Group" or "Move to Group" (like Tracks) instead of having to move the group you want to add channels to right above the channels you want to add (when adding multiple channels) then have to use the "Convert To Group"...which makes you then also have to redo the Group name...

Yes, if a channel group is closed, then dragging a channel (or whatever) on top of it will drag within the parent of the closed channel group, just like if the closed channel group was a channel.

bob wrote:

Yes, if a channel group is closed, then dragging a channel (or whatever) on top of it will drag within the parent of the closed channel group, just like if the closed channel group was a channel.

Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong then, because I don't see it being "added" to the closed group, but instead it puts it "before" the closed group I am trying to put it in to...

will have to play with it more after I get off work to see what I am doing wrong...

Thanks Bob!!! :)

jimswinder wrote:

bob wrote:

Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong then, because I don't see it being "added" to the closed group, but instead it puts it "before" the closed group I am trying to put it in to...

will have to play with it more after I get off work to see what I am doing wrong...

Thanks Bob!!! :D

No, that's what I'm trying to say should happen.

If you drag channel X into group Y while group Y is expanded, channel X should go into group Y.

If you drag channel X onto group Y while group Y is collapsed, channel X should go into the parent of group Y - for example the track, if group Y is directly in the track. This is the same behavior as it would be if group Y were a channel rather than a group.

bob wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
bob wrote:

Thanks Bob!!! :D
No, that's what I'm trying to say should happen.

If you drag channel X into group Y while group Y is expanded, channel X should go into group Y.

If you drag channel X onto group Y while group Y is collapsed, channel X should go into the parent of group Y - for example the track, if group Y is directly in the track. This is the same behavior as it would be if group Y were a channel rather than a group.
ohhhhh...so if originally if I have ALL my channels in one track (Track 1), then Track 1 is the Parent to the channels...

for some reason I thought the Parent/Child relationship only existed within a "Group"...

IE: if I had a Mini Tree Group (Parent) then within that group I would have Children (Red Minis, Green Minis, Blue Minis, White Minis)

ohhhhh...so if originally if I have ALL my channels in one track (Track 1), then Track 1 is the Parent to the channels...

That's right.

Or, more specifically, Track 1 is a parent (rather than "the" parent) of those channels. It's entirely possible that they could each have more than one parent (for example, they could be in more than one track, or more than one channel group, or both).