Light-O-Rama Forums

The West's 2011 Rock'n Haunted Castle Halloween Light Show

Tracy West

I can't catch a break!

YouTube pulled the plug on my Crazy Train Video. :) So if you live in (I am not sure where) you can view it but no longer in the United States. Crap!

I put it on Vimeo but I am sure they will pull it off from there too.

Well that is show biz!

After over a month they pulled it? I would email youtube and also email the record company and explain to them that you are not making any money nor have any ads. Having it up is good for the song cuz it brings exposure and may get people to buy the music. Youtube puts a link from Amazon, iTunes, ect to buy it...how can it hurt?

Hi Tracy, i´m from Austria. Can´t watch the video anymore, think it´s not only in the US been closed.
But ´ve seen it on Vimeo. Again a big show, great work and a pleasure to watch.

Tracy West wrote:

They did. Amazon, iTunes had a "Buy this Song"
Makes no sense to me either.

Anytime you see this on the YouBoob TV Screen:

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

It means that it has been BLOCKED 100% everywhere. And that's what I get when I tried to view it. They are saying SME blocked it, but that's not entirely true, because SME or any other record company/label or whatever entity it is or calls themselves, can not just block a video, the YouBoob folks do the blocking. ANYONE can get a video blocked just by clicking on a link to flag the video and then YouBoob will look at it, decide if it's in violation and block its content, or they may allow the video, but strip out the audio from it.

This is why I CLOSED my account on YouBoob and went to Vimeo. I have yet to have any of my videos blocked, locked, removed or stripped because of the background music.

So what's the Vimeo link to the one YouBoob blocked? Haven't seen it yet, and was going to check it out, kind of hard without a Vimeo link to it.

(Everybody should just go to Vimeo or some other video sharing site that doesn't do this kind of crap, and close their YouBoob accounts, YouBoob may start rethinking things if folks would stop using them and start going elsewhere!)

Try filing a dispute on YouTube. That's what I did and my video is again available. It literally took less than 5 minutes. In the status for the video it says that a dispute is pending because they are waiting on a response from the audio content owner. They may never hear back from the audio content owner.

Thanks! I did just that. I hope it works. But I sure don't want to be on the other end of Sharon Osbourne! :shock:

I am trying to help Ozzy and Sharon by boosting music sales. Plus I just want to show off my work! :D

Boom! :P Back on YouTube... for the moment.

Not quite off the rails yet. My crazy train is still on the tracks! :cool:

AND BOOM! :X Off the rails again! The Crazy Train ride has come to a complete stop.

They took no time reviewing the video and SME claiming the music content.

Oh well... But it was fun while it lasted! :D

• 1 month later...

YouTube is crazy! :shock:

They take my Crazy Train video off, I dispute it, they put it back on. They then again, take it off. And now it is back on! Go Figure! I am glad it is back on!

Thanks YouTube!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Crazy Train.... again... off the rails on YouTube! They have taken it off... put it back on... taken it off.... put it back on... At least 3 different times. I did the dispute and they brought it back... then took it off, then back on... Then off again. LOL!

YouTube is YouStrange! :angry:

I saw your Crazy Train video earlier this year. This is really great work. You say you have 48 channels. How is that all set up? Would it be possible to get a copy of your Thriller sequence?

Torqumada