Light-O-Rama Forums

The West's 2011 Rock'n Haunted Castle Halloween Light Show

Tracy West

Well after 10 months of planning, designing, building, fussing, and cussing, the West's 2011 Halloween Light Show is in full production! monkey.gif

I added another 16 channels (total 48 channels) with more faces, lights and fog to create this show.

Here is a revised version of one of last years sequences. There are more videos to come!

http://youtu.be/BKPo9HcDXc4 (Diary of a Madman Intro/Crazy Train)

I hope you enjoy and please give me feedback!

Tracy West wrote:

Well after 10 months of planning, designing, building, fussing, and cussing, the West's 2011 Halloween Light Show is in full production! monkey.gif

I added another 16 channels (total 48 channels) with more faces, lights and fog to create this show.

Here is a revised version of one of last years sequences. There are more videos to come!

really cool, check one of the other threads on my fog test using a drain pipe filled with frozen 16 oz bottles of water as the chiller. ran my test yesterday and WOW.

Tracy West wrote:

Here is a revised version of one of last years sequences. There are more videos to come!

Great job. I particularly liked the spider web/Vortex tunnel effect. I agree with Caniac a fog chiller will keep the fog closer to the ground for a nice effect.

http://youtu.be/BKPo9HcDXc4 (Diary of a Madman Intro/Crazy Train)

I had a fog chiller with about 20 lbs of ice in it but the wind was pretty strong on video night.

I love the idea of freezing water bottles. That will make less of a mess and will save me a few bucks on ice. :D

Tracy West wrote:

I had a fog chiller with about 20 lbs of ice in it but the wind was pretty strong on video night.

I love the idea of freezing water bottles. That will make less of a mess and will save me a few bucks on ice. :D
yep, and the drain pipe gives you a wide swath of fog. hope to have pics or video soon.

The frozen bottles is a great idea! Thank you!

Will give that a go with tomorrow's show!

More videos to come soon! :D

Here is the second sequence of my show!

I have a total of 7 sequences for my show. (just under 30 mins)

I hope you enjoy the video!

(Dead Man's Party)

great to see you got your show up and running i have had my going in between the rain go figure no rain all summer now rain twice in two weeks let things dry out turn back on

Here is my third sequence. This one was a lot of fun to do. You cannot have Halloween without Alice Cooper!
:cool:

(Go to Hell)

Here is the 4th Sequence in my show. The classic "Thriller" I hope you enjoy!

I have one more sequence left to edit and download and then I will be able to relax a little. (This has been a lot of work to do this year!)

I am starting to get a lot of people stopping to watch the show!

It is getting close to Halloween now!

http://youtu.be/8gD4qIuetfo (Thriller)

caniac wrote:

Tracy West wrote:

really cool, check one of the other threads on my fog test using a drain pipe filled with frozen 16 oz bottles of water as the chiller. ran my test yesterday and WOW.

Where can I find one of these threads? Do you mind posting a link?

Crazy Train has exploded on YouTube! I am so excited. Over 6000 hits in 5 days! Dead's Man Party has over 5000 hits too. That makes me feel good.

One more sequence to capture and I am going to redo Thriller.. (too dark)

One more night of video recording. My wife has been calling herself the Halloween Widow.... I wonder why??

I woke this morning to find that Crazy Train has nearly topped 25,000 hits! Dead Man's Party has hit over 16,000!

I am blown away! That is the best showing I have ever had.

I still have one sequence left to post but I am having trouble with the audio overdubing. Crap! Plus I still want to redo Thriller because it came out too dark and you cannot see the lights and smoke.

Getting close to Halloween!

Here is my last video sequence.

(Bohemian Rhapsody)

I am still having problems getting this to sync up correctly. This is the raw version. I hope to have the better version up by this weekend.

A lot of fun making this one though! :)

Well as of this morning, my Crazy Train Video has hit the million viewed mark! :)

Not bad for only local media coverage. AND I am so glad of that! Bless Kevin! It has been a zoo for us at a very smaller level! My wife said she would shut me down if ours got that big! :shock:

Great job Tracy!! Loved what you did and it came out great!

I see another troll tried to ninja your thread also.....anyway

really good job here and thanks for sharing it with us!