• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdeditch

• Tracy West

• Donny M. Carter

• geronc

Tracy West wrote:

Not using entec. Just using LOR adapter RJ45 xlr 3 pin male adapter.

Then that works all day! Testing 3 on one computer right now with some pixels!

Donny

Have you seen Bob's video? Check it out and what I'm saying will make perfect sense! First, open sequence editor. Then under edit, go to preferences and click on Network Preferences. A box will open showing your networks. The top half is for LOR Networks and the bottom half is for DMX Networks. With your LOR USB485 plugged in to a port on your computer click the drop down next to Universe 1. This will list the adapter you just plugged in. Also make sure the drop down under Protocol reads Raw DMX. That's it! Now watch Bob's video and all this will be easy!
Donny

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/DMXUniverses.swf

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Have you seen Bob's video? Check it out and what I'm saying will make perfect sense! First, open sequence editor. Then under edit, go to preferences and click on Network Preferences. A box will open showing your networks. The top half is for LOR Networks and the bottom half is for DMX Networks. With your LOR USB485 plugged in to a port on your computer click the drop down next to Universe 1. This will list the adapter you just plugged in. Also make sure the drop down under Protocol reads Raw DMX. That's it! Now watch Bob's video and all this will be easy!
Donny

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/DMXUniverses.swf

Donny that is if you are using the Enttec open, I have the Enttec Pro and its listed in there. I just ordered another adapter from LOR. That should make it easier for me to convert it to something I can use.

If you use a dmx utility to check the enttec then start LOR control panel data may still being sent to the enttec from the uitility. if the light on the enttec is binking before starting LOR control panel, unplug the enttec and plug it in again. If a RS484 is not plugged into the computer LOR will NOT send data out (control lights will not stay checked).

Tracy West wrote:

Did that. My Comn listener says it is not reading my adapter.

Tracy, make sure in the top section (the regular network) all say none. Also, every time you make a change you need to close everything then reopen. Try that and let us know!

Donny

Ok. So on the network (top part where the LOR is) make it and say none. Correct?

Then below have dmx 0pen and universe #1.

Then I close my sequence and reopen it?

Ok. So when I get this working and I want my LOR channels to work do I go back in and have my comm3 turned back on too?

I watched both videos and tried to follow them step by step, but could not get my unit to fire.

Another question: I am using a LOR 3 pin dmx adapter and I have it plugged into my dmx stage light in the OUTPUT side port. (only port that will work with my adapter). Does it need to be on the INPUT side instead? (That would mean I would need another adapter to fit the female side.

Tracy West wrote:

Ok. So on the network (top part where the LOR is) make it and say none. Correct? Yes

Then below have dmx 0pen and universe #1. It will list your adapter in the first column and say raw dmx in the second!

Then I close my sequence and reopen it? Yes

Ok. So when I get this working and I want my LOR channels to work do I go back in and have my comm3 turned back on too? If your using more than one LOR ubs485, then you need to make sure what the "id" of each one is. When you plug in the adapter it will show up in the drop down under dmx. Leave it plugged in and then hook up your LOR network! You can also run your LOR units in dmx and just run them off one usb485.

I watched both videos and tried to follow them step by step, but could not get my unit to fire. Is the comm listener showing that it see's the adapter!

Another question: I am using a LOR 3 pin dmx adapter and I have it plugged into my dmx stage light in the OUTPUT side port. (only port that will work with my adapter). Does it need to be on the INPUT side instead? (That would mean I would need another adapter to fit the female side. The dmx signal needs to go in! The out side is to daisy chain to another device!

Tracy West wrote:

Ok. So on the network (top part where the LOR is) make it and say none. Correct? Yes, if you are only using DMX. If you want to use DMX and LOR you need 2 of the LOR convertors, since it sounds like you are just using LOR convertors. One for DMX, one for LOR.

Then below have dmx 0pen and universe #1.

Then I close my sequence and reopen it? Yes

Ok. So when I get this working and I want my LOR channels to work do I go back in and have my comm3 turned back on too? See above.

I watched both videos and tried to follow them step by step, but could not get my unit to fire.

Another question: I am using a LOR 3 pin dmx adapter and I have it plugged into my dmx stage light in the OUTPUT side port. (only port that will work with my adapter). Does it need to be on the INPUT side instead? (That would mean I would need another adapter to fit the female side. Yes, it needs to be on the input side. Radio Shack sells gender changers.

You guys ROCK!

Thank you for all your help!

I want to get this dmx thing a going so I can start working on my Halloween light show!

With dmx, it is going to go to a whole new level!

Probally not Cracker level, but hey, I came in a distant second to him last year with my Halloween show!

bdeditch wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:
Stupid edit button!!

I'm wrong again, he does have a couple usb485's plugged in! That just seems crazy, but what you gonna do?

Donny

What the problem was I was using the Holiday Coro programming cable, and I have been told that causes nothing but problems, so this is where I have to get another USB convewrter and be able to plug the cable from the input of the Enttec to a different com port on the computer.

Ok I never thought of this before but I downloaded th data sheet for the Enttec Pro, it does need to hooked up to the computer as well. I should have done this before, but nooooooooooooo, thats to damn easy.:)

Attached files DMXUSBPro data sheet.pdf

bdeditch wrote:

Ok I never thought of this before but I downloaded th data sheet for the Enttec Pro, it does need to hooked up to the computer as well. I should have done this before, but nooooooooooooo, thats to damn easy.:)

Not trying to be a smart butt, but where were you trying to hook it up?

geronc wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

Not trying to be a smart butt, but where were you trying to hook it up?

I was trying to use a programing cable that comes with the sample pack from Holidaycoro, which one person finally told not to, it just doesn't work like it is suppose to. So now I ordered another USB converter from LOR and I will be plugging into that instead.

On the back side of the Entec, there is a USB port. You connect that directly to a USB port on your computer using a standard USB cable. You do not need a converter in between them.

I believe its a USB type B connector on the Entec - similar to what you would find on a USB HP printer or other peripheral. I can find and send you a link to the right cable if you need me to.

flogger7 wrote:

On the back side of the Entec, there is a USB port. You connect that directly to a USB port on your computer using a standard USB cable. You do not need a converter in between them.

I believe its a USB type B connector on the Entec - similar to what you would find on a USB HP printer or other peripheral. I can find and send you a link to the right cable if you need me to.

Yes it has that, now according to the datat sheet I attached it shows it coming out with only one line to the DMX or what ever. I was told you need both line and if you look at some of the videos it shows the same . When I get back tonight I will try with one line only and see what happens. The cables also came with it.

Attached files DMXUSBPro data sheet.pdf