Light-O-Rama Forums

Demo version?

chrisl1976

Is the demo version limited to 16 channel output through thw visualizer? I'm looking to purchase the controller package so I can't purchase S3 yet. But. I can not get it to output anything beyond 1 controller.

Just curious if this explains the lack of output.

CORRECTION: The demo version will control 2 controllers (Unit IDs 1 and 2), along with any Virtual channels.

Sorry! I should have looked at the code before posting. I just did and plainly see where it controls both 1 and 2.

Yes, only two controllers BUT there are a couple of work arounds that I just figured out a few hours ago. They work well and should be find while using the demo.

1) Use all Virtual channels. Don't assign a controller but make sure you use the same name for the channel in both the sequencer and the visualizer. This is what I'm doing with two of Richard Holdman's demos and it works great.

2) Use only 2 controller addresses but use up all 512 channels on each. This is not quite as flexible as #1.

If you use either of these methods you'll have to go through all of your channels when get your licensed copy but that life.

John