Light-O-Rama Forums

Icicles?

imawlkr2

Any suggestions on modeling icicle lights for the realistic look? I thought about different strings with different spacing to make it look a little better. I currently have red and green icicle lights overlapping and am not sure how to show this on the visualizer.

imawlkr2 wrote:

Any suggestions on modeling icicle lights for the realistic look? I thought about different strings with different spacing to make it look a little better. I currently have red and green icicle lights overlapping and am not sure how to show this on the visualizer.

Try Jeff Millards fixture he has posted in the props/fixture thread at top of Visualizer forum.

To overlap, just copy and paste one row across, than create a prop of them, call it Red Icicle. Than copy and paste the Red Icicle prop, and rename it Green. Be sure to assign the right channels on both props.

Chuck

chrisl1976 wrote:

Chuck, if you have multiple colored items, do you have to create 2 of the same object and stack them on top of each other? (mini-trees for example)

As I understand it, and as I do it, yes. I still get confused on some of the ways to enter the colors and configs into props. If i am wrong, i am sure mike or someone else will chime in and correct me.

chrisl1976 wrote:

Chuck, just add more channels to the fixture. Making duplicates of prop are not required. It just splits the number of lights up among the channels.

What happens when the sequence turns on both channels? Does it show both colors?

cenote wrote:

chrisl1976 wrote:
Chuck, just add more channels to the fixture. Making duplicates of prop are not required. It just splits the number of lights up among the channels.

What happens when the sequence turns on both channels?  Does it show both colors?

Yes.

cenote wrote:

chrisl1976 wrote:

What happens when the sequence turns on both channels? Does it show both colors?

Chuck. Exactly. My little test Visualizer uses Jeff's mini tree and it shows an alternating red and white light tree. Then flashes red and white where I flip it back and forth in the sequencing.

Both colors on looks just like a multi-color mini-tree.. :)

Attached files 271216=14993-lor tree.jpg