Light-O-Rama Forums

Board has some lights staying on

Guest guest

Got a problem. Was hoping to get some input from some of you old hats out there.

I have something wrong with one board. I have 3-4 channels that will come on and stay on till power is applied again to that channel. Once power is applied to that channel and turned off it will go out like it was supposed to originally. Like a relay is sticking. Some times, but not always it will shut off at the end of the song. At first it was 2 channels doing it now it looks like 4. It will also have one of the channels blink a steady beat when there is nothing programmed there.

Have any of you seen This.

Dan, if you have any input please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

PilotShaneR wrote:

Got a problem. Was hoping to get some input from some of you old hats out there.

I have something wrong with one board. I have 3-4 channels that will come on and stay on till power is applied again to that channel. Once power is applied to that channel and turned off it will go out like it was supposed to originally. Like a relay is sticking. Some times, but not always it will shut off at the end of the song. At first it was 2 channels doing it now it looks like 4. It will also have one of the channels blink a steady beat when there is nothing programmed there.

Have any of you seen This.

Dan, if you have any input please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Mine is doing this too. Although it's just one channel. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Went over the songs I noticed it in and even went back in and selected those tracks and turned them off again just in case there was a software problem. I am starting to beleive it is a hardware problem, but not sure where to start.

Now I am starting to worry some. This is the same problem that I have had, and that is elsewhere in the forum.

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/9834.html

My problem cleared up some when I diddled with the RF channels on the ELL. But if you aren't using ELL's, then we have something else going on.

Dan? Have you experienced any of this in your testing?

I too am having the same problem with my LOR800W Light Controller. I am using only 4 channels on this unit, and all of them are sticking. Experiencing the same problem as described above. Double checked sequences and found no problem. Appears to be a hardware issue.

Help Dan!

I have one channel on my Mega doing this also.

Tim

circus4u wrote:

I also had this happen last night, but only one time and on one channel on a mega tree spin. When another command went to that channel, it performed normally.

When a channel stick BUT then goes out the next time it is used sound like a couple of possibilities.

If it always happens at the same place in the sequence it sounds like an issue we have with the software. Around the same time the light is supposed to be turned off there may be a sort fade or a fragment of fade. If it is what I think it is it will be corrected in LOR 1.6...

If you are using ELLs make sure they are using the latest version of firmware.

I hope this is true, because that is exactly what I have been experiencing. I've changed my sequences around, and the one channel that was sticking, now is off, but in the same part of the sequence, three other channels come on, that are programmed off, at about 40 percent intensity.

Dan, My system is 4 controllers, 5 ELL's, 64 Channels. No Cat 5 between any of the controllers. ELL's are using the Cat5 that came with them. Firmware on ELL's is 2.8. All boards have latest Firmware upday. (Blue board) Hardware utility V1.5.10. PC located in the middle of the show, with the furtherest ELL probally 50' feet away, all line of sight.

The channels that stick are random. Not the same place, not the same song. One time it might be 3.5, the next time 4.2 the next time 2.9. Some times the channel won't light up, the next time it might be that the channel lights, but doesn't turn off until that channel is activated again. (It gets the cue to turn on, but misses the cue to turn off)

One section of my show is 15 bushes in a row. Have a sequence of a slow crawl from 3.1 to 3.15. During the crawl, 3.4 comes on in the correct time, but doesn't turn off. On the next run trough that area, when 3.4 is suppose to come on, its already on, and then it turns off when it is suppose to.

The first time when I was testing this, I was able to correct some of the faults by changing ELL Frequencies. But now I am haveing problems getting the Freq to change. Default is 16. I say change to 29, it changes in the hardware utility, but when I say update, it can't find any controllers until I go back and change it again to 16. Going to work on that again this afternoon.

Could there be a bug in the ELL firmware?

This was the same problem that I asked about in October

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/8423.html

I had a sticking channel in one sequence. It was repeatable. It would turn on my strobes and they would stay on all song. I dont even use the strobes in that song. I tried redrawing the strobe channel for the whole song. didnt help. So then I tried to figure where in the timeline the problem started and narrowed it down to a couple blocks. I redrew all channels for those couple blocks even though I could find nothing wrong with them. The problem went away.

So I guess my workaround of this problem is to find where the problem starts and redraw all channels for that time.

Ok, it must be software. I swapped boxes and did a test run and the same thing happened again. So now I guessI must have to wait till LOR II comes out to fix it. At least I dont have to build another board tonight to get it working.

I had a similar problem with fades sticking on, but only on the Blue boards.
The green boards I built from Kit worked fine.
I have 2 power feeds to each board, each off a different phase
from the breaker panel. On a hunch, I plugged BOTH cords into
the same phase (outlet) and the problem went away.

Might want to try it.

Tim

Fixed spelling

I am running all blue boards. I am not running that many amps, so each box has both pigtails plugged into the same cord. Like I said swapping the boxes, did not change anything, it is still there.

Brad Bilger wrote:

The channels that stick are random. Not the same place, not the same song. One time it might be 3.5, the next time 4.2 the next time 2.9. Some times the channel won't light up, the next time it might be that the channel lights, but doesn't turn off until that channel is activated again. (It gets the cue to turn on, but misses the cue to turn off)

I'm having the same problem. HELP!

Chris

Chris wrote:

Brad Bilger wrote:

I'm having the same problem. HELP!

Chris
Ok.. time to add to the confusion. Just ran my show at the park tonight. Still getting random sticks, but I noticed on one set, I have 3-1 to 3-15 all light up at the same time. Once all of them missed the cue to turn on, then the next time they all missed the cue to turn off and were on until the next command. I have all the latest firmware updates, the latest in the ELL's firmware and the latest in the Hardware manager. I was going to try to change freqs on the ELL, but now, they won't let me change the channel. Default to 16. So I change to 30. update configuration and get a reply that command was received. Go back to test and look for the controllers and get a response, "0 units found". Go back to RF tab and change BACK to 16 and get response 4 Units found. Tonight my problem seemed more centered on my 03 Controller than on any of the other 3 units. But my problem still exist on all 4. Is there a minor bug in one of the Firmware updates?

Any of you folks using a lot of quick/short fades near the time of the problem?

Also, as basic as it sounds, anyone tried to re-draw that portion of the sequence?

Sometimes, it's helped me in the past.

Don wrote:

Any of you folks using a lot of quick/short fades near the time of the problem?

Also, as basic as it sounds, anyone tried to re-draw that portion of the sequence?

Sometimes, it's helped me in the past.

Totally random. Not the same place in every song. Not the same song. Sometimes doesn't even have to be a song. Have had the problem show up using the Hardware Utility. (yes, the latest version) Some short quick fades, Some Simple on/off sequences. Very rare on LONG DRAWN OUT Fades. I had one last night for example. 3-1 through 3-15 On off on off on (Hang on for 20 seconds) off.