Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR please help!

Phippers

I've got a dielema.

The past few years I have been programming with Aurora, and been with D-light for a while now. Last year I purchased an LOR controller, and was very pleased with it. Now, I have been using a beta version for their DMX, and put lots, and lots of hours into programming, just tested the DMX, and it doesn't work, at all. I would like to switch over to S3, but I've got a few questions first...

1. Will D-lights USB485 work with S3.

2. Is there anyway to convert my .dll (Aurora file) to S3, so I don't have to start from scratch?

3. Will you accept a former D-lighter into your forums? :)

Hope you guys can help!

-Matt

Hahaha, I guess #3 is the most important!

How would I download the Basic version. I remember reading that you can get that for free if you buy hardware, then I can test, and if it works, get the premium for my Native DMX.

Phippers wrote:

3. Will you accept a former D-lighter into your forums? :)
-Matt
There are more here than will admit...:)
Always welcomed
Chuck

This is just my assumption, but I didnt think the nex DMX part would run in the demo version.

I took that to mean " You MUST purchase and license the advanced version , even to TRY dmx" assuming we are talking about an Enttect DMX dongle.

gizmomkr wrote:

This is just my assumption, but I didnt think the nex DMX part would run in the demo version.

I took that to mean " You MUST purchase and license the advanced version , even to TRY dmx" assuming we are talking about an Enttect DMX dongle.

This is correct. The Demo version will not control any lights at all. And native DMX is not supported except in the Advanced version.

More differences between the versions can be found on the help file's feature comparison page.

I am now a LorER... LightOramaite? Whatever you want to call me, I have now jumped into the world of S3.

More questions :P

To assign a D-Light Controller to the Sequencer, which setting would I use? Has anyone tried this, and found it to work?

Cool! Testing now. One more question. To get control over a network during Sequencer playback, do you simply use the dropdown "Play" and then select "Control lights"? Or is there something else I have to open, like the LOR control panel? I can get control over my Controllers, but not my DMX network yet.

-Matt

Ok, after some playing around, and reading the manual :/

It looks like the Comm Listener is what actually sends the commands out.

I want to Run LED RGB par Cans off of my USB dongle. the Network Prefrences recognizes the dongle, but will not send any signals. Is this because this would be considered "Native DMX" and I would need to upgrade to Advanced? (I'm fine with doing this, I just want to make sure before I do it.)

I upgraded to advanced, and see the Comm Listener running, It says Connection accepted, and Adapter opened, however I am still not getting any control over the lights. Am I missing something?

EDIT: To JEFF- Yes, I was able to renumber my D-light board with the D-light Hardware Utility to #1, and get complete control through S3 over the controller. ALSO! I might want to add, I am using the D-light USB485 adapter, and I have not seen any problems yet.

It's not a traditional DMX adapter, its a USB485 with a Cat5 to XLR cable on it, it seemed to work with the limited functionality on Aurora, and the Comm Listener says that it is connected