Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Compatability

Harbs

This question may have already been addessed but will your S2 sequence files be useable in the S3 or will you have to start over. If they are useable what if any changes might have to be made to them when they are opened in the S3

Harbs

What about an S2 sequence, imported & saved in S3, can it be played again in S2 (sharing) if it doesnt have any native S3 events? I import a seq into my new S3.. tweak it (but not with any native S3 items), and send it back out to an S2 user, will it play ok for him?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

What about an S2 sequence, imported & saved in S3, can it be played again in S2 (sharing) if it doesnt have any native S3 events? I import a seq into my new S3.. tweak it (but not with any native S3 items), and send it back out to an S2 user, will it play ok for him?

In a recent post by Don:

Don wrote:
"I had this conversation with Bob a few weeks ago. From the email...

--------------------------------------------------
Any earlier version of LOR will make an attempt at loading a save file written by a newer version. If the earlier version is LOR 1, the attempt will fail miserably. If the early version is LOR 2, then depending upon exactly what the old version is, what the new version is, and what features were used in the save file, it may or may not successfully load at all, and even if it loads it may not support all of the functionality from the sequence, and could possibly think that it understands something that it actually misunderstands.

In this case, using an S3 file with the latest version of S2:
It definitely will not work if the sequence uses any channel groups (with the possible exception of RGB channels) - won't even load successfully.

If the sequence uses channel locking, S2 will not support that feature, but I don't think it will cause it to be unable to load the sequence.
-----------------------------------------------------

Don wrote:

Thanks, John. I'd forgotten about that.

lol didn't mean to "step on any toes", Don. You have been busy helping so many people, I thought I would let you answer by "proxy"

As I read Bob's comments, the answer is:

yes, no, maybe, it depends :P