Light-O-Rama Forums

License Renewal

mcorbo

i have vairify my license i have the advance s2 looks like i will have to buy the 2 channel super star i dont have any ccr the cost $49.00 is this true my upgrade good intell feb 2012

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don

• Richard Hamilton

• Mike Manzara

• LOR Staff

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Manzara wrote:

Why donesn't Dan just add a button for those of us with advanced level S2 software. would be a lot less confusing than order a license renewal then order Superstar that i am not interested in at this time. sounds like an oversell ing issue.

There is a "renew" option.
http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html - "One renewal covers all existing licenses associated with your email address."

When you renew your license, it is good for all new versions for a year. (New versions of software that your license covers.)

james morris wrote:

i have vairify my license i have the advance s2 looks like i will have to buy the 2 channel super star i dont have any ccr the cost $49.00 is this true my upgrade good intell feb 2012

If you have not purchased the SuperStar software in the past, then yes, you will need to purchase it. When you do, your license will be renewed all all products (within your license) for a year.

Still won't give me S3 softwarejust renews my S2. I am stll required to get superatr to get the Full S3 software. it's all too confusing. Choices should have been

Upgrade S2 basic to S3 basic

Upgrade S2 basic+ to S3 basic+

Upgrade advanced S2 to advanced S3

Mike Manzara wrote:

Still won't give me S3 softwarejust renews my S2. I am stll required to get superatr to get the Full S3 software. it's all too confusing. Choices should have been

Upgrade S2 basic to S3 basic

Upgrade S2 basic+ to S3 basic+

Upgrade advanced S2 to advanced S3

http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html
Your software does not expire. It will continue to work. A license renewal is only necessary if you want to upgrade to a newer version and it has been over a year since you made a software purchase.

If you don't want the SuperStar software, don't purchase it.

If you want to renew your current license, then use the above URL. It will renew your CURRENT license for one year. By renewing your license, you will be eligible for the latest versions of the software.

Go ahead. Get the renewal. You will get 3.0.

What I am gleening from this thread is S3 is a hoax. It is all hype to sell Superstar Software to those of us that do not have CCR's.

Mike Manzara wrote:

What I am gleening from this thread is S3 is a hoax. It is all hype to sell Superstar Software to those of us that do not have CCR's.

http://store.lightorama.com/software2.html
You just click on the first one License renewal,
How is this trying to sell you superstar?

Mike Manzara wrote:

Read the first post in this thread. And the seond post is the reply

And that first post is saying the same things we are now.

If you want only S3, and your license is not valid for S3, you need only purchase a license renewal. That's it. Nothing more / Nothing less.

$29.95 gets you a renewed license for your current level.

Mike:

Tell me what you want, and I'll tell you EXACTLY what to buy:

1 - What kind of license for S2 do you have now? Basic/Advanced/etc?

2a - Do you want to go to S3?

2b - If YES, do you qualify for a free upgrade from S2 to S3? If so renewal is FREE.

2c - What kind of license do you want for S3? Basic/Advanced/etc?

3a - If you are going to upgrade to S3, Do you want Super Star support in S3?

3b - if YES, how many CCRs do you want it to support?

Mike PMed me and let me know he's all set now. If anyone else needs assistance in picking an upgrade/renewal option, please let me know!

Mike Manzara wrote:

Why donesn't Dan just add a button for those of us with advanced level S2 software. would be a lot less confusing than order a license renewal then order Superstar that i am not interested in at this time. sounds like an oversell ing issue.

Amen! I agree with this comment about simply adding more buttons in the shopping cart to cover ALL situations.

After reading the many threads, I am still confused.
I have the S2"Advanced" level that is supposed to cover 5 seats.

I want to upgrade to the S3 SuperStar thing and make sure I can use it on both my development computer and my show computer, but I don't know what to buy. Is it correct that I only need to upgrade my S2 advanced to S3 first ($29.95)? Then later I can upgrade to SuperStar if I want? Is this new S3 license still going to cover both my computers?

This seems to be unnecessarily complex to purchase an upgrade, but then again, I am probably just to stupid to understand the big picture :-)

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Mike Manzara wrote:

Amen! I agree with this comment about simply adding more buttons in the shopping cart to cover ALL situations.

I want to upgrade to the S3 SuperStar thing and make sure I can use it on both my development computer and my show computer, but I don't know what to buy. Is it correct that I only need to upgrade my S2 advanced to S3 first ($29.95)? Then later I can upgrade to SuperStar if I want? Is this new S3 license still going to cover both my computers?

This seems to be unnecessarily complex to purchase an upgrade, but then again, I am probably just to stupid to understand the big picture :-)

If you buy a SuperStar license, there is no need to buy a license renewal separately.

Your license will cover however many computers your license has always covered, no matter what you purchase or don't purchase.

NO. Your not stupid. Too Many timres people who make ststements tend to think every body is on the same page as them and understands where they are coming from. Incmy past life if I gave a presentation that sssumed everrybofy was on the same page I would have been roasted . I would present to US military officials who always needed bringing up to facts on the issues at hand.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

More buttons would only confuse the process more.

It's really a very easy thing.

Your 5 seats are good for activations on 5 computers. If you go higher than that, you will be unable to activate that computer. However, filling out a ticket at lightorama.com/support will, in 99% of cases, get the issue resolved.

Don't think of it as an "S3" license. Think of it as an LOR Software license. The base license (http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html) (which is what everyone had prior to S3 coming out) covers Sequence Ediitor, Show Player, Hardware Utilities, etc.

Now, today... if your software license is not eligible for the latest release, then you would need to renew your license. (http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html)

But wait! LOR isn't out to rip you off. If you decided that you want to get the SSE license today, then you purchase the license (http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html) Here's the best part - Buying the SSE will extend extend your 'base' license as well.

So, in your case, if your license is not eligible for the current level of software (S3), and you want to get started with the SSE, then all you need to purchase this: http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

No. If you want to add Superstar to your S2 Advanced, just order the Superstar licence. This will also "renew" your licence (for no extra cost) to allow you to run S3 Advanced. The new licence / renewal will cover up to 5 computers.

Regards,

Alan.

Thanks Bob. I guess you never sleep. I hope you are paid handsomely for working 24 hours a day!

OK, that is a nice simple answer. I will buy the $34 Superstar upgrade.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

If you are wanting to renew your license to be able to get S3 and also purchase Superstar then select the button second to the bottom on the purchase page. Somethink like 45.95 (2CCR option) for BOTH.

I speak from experience. I first spent the 29.95 for the renewal then realized that I wanted superstar. I sent in an email and asked how to remedy this. I was instructed to get the option I mentioned above and make a note.

Experience speaks here.

Don wrote:

Richard Hamilton wrote:

More buttons would only confuse the process more.

It's really a very easy thing.

Your 5 seats are good for activations on 5 computers. If you go higher than that, you will be unable to activate that computer. However, filling out a ticket at lightorama.com/support will, in 99% of cases, get the issue resolved.

Don't think of it as an "S3" license. Think of it as an LOR Software license. The base license (http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html) (which is what everyone had prior to S3 coming out) covers Sequence Ediitor, Show Player, Hardware Utilities, etc.

Now, today... if your software license is not eligible for the latest release, then you would need to renew your license. (http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html)

But wait! LOR isn't out to rip you off. If you decided that you want to get the SSE license today, then you purchase the license (http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html) Here's the best part - Buying the SSE will extend extend your 'base' license as well.

So, in your case, if your license is not eligible for the current level of software (S3), and you want to get started with the SSE, then all you need to purchase this: http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

Thanks Don for the detail. That info along with comments from cmoore, Mike, and Alan gives me a good view now. FYI, I am not sure your URL links work. They didn't for me until I copied and pasted the URL in a browser.

Now about that comment you made... "It's really a very easy thing".
I think anything is easy only after you understand it. The last time I recall someone making that comment to me, it was to tell me how to land on an aircraft carrier at night during a hurricane !!! It isn't easy. :-)