Light-O-Rama Forums

linking sequence editor to visualizer?

chrisl1976

(It's late. Pardon the short answers.)

1) Open SE (Sequence Editor) and verify "Edit -> Preferences -> Visualizer Preferences" is set to 127.0.0.1 Port 30303

2) Open LOR Viz. Load/Create your visualization.

3) Either click the "Simulation Mode" icon, or go to "File -> Simulation Mode"

4) Return to SE and hit play.

When the SE is playing it will send the commands to the Visualizer, which will be listening for them.

otisriggs wrote:

I can't figure out how to make a new visualizer play in the SE? I tried the above but it didn't work, but I'm not that smart. lol

Can you tell me which part of Post #2 you are having trouble with? I'll be happy to expand on it.

In Se you need to tell it to control visualized. Just like telling it to control lights. I don't remember the menu its under. Maybe play?

Didn't think I had a problem with any of the steps, just doesn't play or even show up in the SE.I built all my seq. in 2.94 and installed the 3.02. I can play all the viz. I did earlier but I built them in the SE?
Sorry if I sound goofy but I am a newbie.

otisriggs wrote:

Didn't think I had a problem with any of the steps, just doesn't play or even show up in the SE.I built all my seq. in 2.94 and installed the 3.02. I can play all the viz. I did earlier but I built them in the SE?
Sorry if I sound goofy but I am a newbie.

The "Visualizer" (VIZ) is a separate program from the Sequence Editor (SE). The Visualizer is new, and does NOT appear in versions 2.9.4 and earlier.

If you've re-created your display in the VIZ, then you will need to have the VIZ open in order to see the results. You will also need to have "Control Visualizer" checked in the Play menu of the SE. The visualizer does not show up within the SE, it's a stand alone product that works with the SE.

If you've created something in the animation window (From the SE "View -> Animation") then you need only to have the animation window open while the sequence is playing.

otisriggs wrote:

DevMike wrote:
Have you read and FOLLOWED the Tutorial (Quick Start Guide)???
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/tutorial.htm

Yes I have read the tutorials more than once. Thanks all

Since the Tutorial didn't clearly show you how to get a working Visualizer from scratch, can you tell me which step/area didn't work? I'm not the best writer of user documentation, and I want to improve it where I can.

It's probably just me. As you can tell by looking at me I'm not very smart. lol I will keep working on this till I figure it out and let you know. Thanks again

Okay I was trying to import it into the animator. Told you it was me. I put the viz on my second monitor and it worked like it was suppose to. Thank all again.

Mike, has anyone thanked you for all your hard work? your doing a great job helping everyone work things out with the new visualizer!
THANK YOU!