Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware scan of CTB16PC shows CCF Ver 1.3x

jeffl

bretk wrote:

I am running 3.0 Advanced and tried to update my firmware

I got: 01-CCF Ver 1.40

Brand new G3 controller? You don't need to upgrade firmware.
Older G2 controller? No new firmware has been released. You probably don't need a firmware upgrade at this time.

Looks like a typo in the devices file. as far as the CCF... This will in now way affect how a show works, etc. It is only a display issue in the Hardware Utility, You can still test the controllers, etc.

We will look to see if there is an easy way to distribute the devices file. We can provide it as a download but it is in a protected area on the pc so you need admin privilages to change it.

Dan

Running a network scan is without a doubt my favorite LOR feature. It's the one thing that makes the hardware stand out from everything else available.

Hopefully it's corrected quickly so it does not cause extra headaches as nobody, including LOR, needs them at the current time.

You can replace your LOR_DeviceFile.txt locate in C: /program Files / Light-O-Rama with the one attached here. You will need admin priv to copy/replace it on vista/7 .

As far as the comment about finding bugs... We will have a release in about a week with this updated... We can expect to find a few issues with this release when we switch from 40 testers to 3000 users. I expect that only about 3000 LOR users will buy or switch to S3 for this year. Vast majority will wait until next year.

Dan

Attached files LOR_DeviceFile.txt

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
...located in C: /program Files (x86) / Light-O-Rama in WIN7 .

Jeff :D

I think this depends on the number of bits. For 32 bit, Dan is correct. For 64 bit, this is correct. I'm not sure, if you install in a non-default path as it may be different all together.

LightORamaDan wrote:

As far as the comment about finding bugs... We will have a release in about a week with this updated... We can expect to find a few issues with this release when we switch from 40 testers to 3000 users. I expect that only about 3000 LOR users will buy or switch to S3 for this year. Vast majority will wait until next year.

Dan

I put myself in a bad position where I had to purchase an iDMX or upgrade software with a cheaper DMX adapter. In the end, I think I'm going to have to purchase the iDMX.

It's the more expensive option, but I know it will perform without question.