Light-O-Rama Forums

Super Star Upgrade Problem

stephen walker

I just upgraded to S3. not as smooth as it should have been but i'm there. I originally purchased the SSL software from Brian before LOR got involved. I purchased the Gemini version (only 2 CCR's) Today I go online and purchased the upgrade from 2 CCR's to 24 CCR's for 154.95 and when it registered the software for me it said I had the 24 CCR version but nothing has changed with my SSL software. I am still limited to 2 CCR's. do I have to download the newer version that Brian has been working on or what?
Im confused!

This is the instructions they emailed me.

Thank you for upgrading your Light-O-Rama SuperStar license from 2_CCR to 24_CCR.

To use your upgraded license, please open the Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor, click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama'
(or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama').

Copy and paste the following information in the window that opens:

Name:
Stephen Walker

License Key:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lightorama sequence editor has already been registered. this is no help at all.

Thanks
Stephen Walker

Looking at your license, it seems to me that you reactivated your license key after having purchased SuperStar, and that you have the highest possible license levels (Advanced + 24_CCR). In this case, there is no longer anything for you to upgrade to, and so the Help menu doesn't give you an option to upgrade. You should be fine with what you've got.

What does the title bar of your Sequence Editor say? I suspect it should say "Advanced", not "Demo".

What does the title bar of your SuperStar Sequencer say? I suspect it should say "24_CCR", not "Demo".

If I'm wrong about either of these, please stop/start the programs just to be sure (maybe it just didn't pick up the change yet), and if I'm still wrong, please let me know. Otherwise, if they say "Advanced" and "24_CCR", respectively, then you're already good to go, you don't have to do anything else.

The S3 version you downloaded today is the most recent version of all software packages.

Check out this FAQ posted by Bob.
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html

Quote:....

MY LICENSE COVERS S3, BUT THE SEQUENCE EDITOR PUT ME IN DEMO MODE. WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE?
If your license covers S3 (no matter whether it always has or whether you purchased a license renewal), your computer might not know it yet. So, when you install S3, you might find yourself in demo mode.

If this happens, simply reactivate your license (such as through the Sequence Editor's "Help / Register Light-O-Rama"), and it should put you back into Advanced (or whatever license level you have).

You might have to stop and start your Light-O-Rama programs after reactivating in order to fully get out of demo mode.

Sequence editor is fine. it says 3.0.0 Advanced.
SSL is my concern. it says (Gemini version)
click on help, about "Gemini version 1.5.1"
I tried to export and it said that my current version required that I have the number of ribbions set to 2 or less.

OK, I think I understand.

I believe you're using the copy of SuperStar that you previously purchased from SuperStarLights.com, before SuperStar became part of the LOR software suite. This is no longer the official (or latest) version of SuperStar.

Instead, try running the version of SuperStar that came with S3. You can launch it like any other LOR program (for example, from the LOR Control Panel, or from the Light-O-Rama folder in your computer's Start menu).

Stop the press! just figured it out. I have been starting SSL from the icon on my desk top that was created by SSL when I installed it a year ago.

When I started it from the Lightorama control panal in the system tray it works perfectly.

Clear as mud. LOL

Thanks

When you downloaded S3 tonight. Then installed it. It should have installed the most current version of superstar. I am GUESSING that it may not have installed in the same folder as your original Superstar.

Try navigating to programs/ Light O Rama/ and launching your superstar from that link. Not from your original location/shortcut.

Chuck

Just a little late.

Looks like you beat me to it. ha
can I uninstall my old version of SSL? Just to kep my hard drive from being so junky.

srwmemphis wrote:

can I uninstall my old version of SSL? Just to kep my hard drive from being so junky.

I'm sorry, I don't know. I think Brian will have to answer this one. In the meantime, as long as the new stuff is working, I would suggest leaving the old one - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

bob wrote:

srwmemphis wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't know.  I think Brian will have to answer this one.  In the meantime, as long as the new stuff is working, I would suggest leaving the old one - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The old SuperStar software did not have a real installer, it merely unzipped a bunch of files and copied them onto your hard drive. There are no registry entries made etc. This means that to uninstall you merely delete the files from your computer. You can do this if you want. It will have no impact on the S3 install of the SuperStar software. You would then want to manually delete the old launch icon on your desktop also.