Light-O-Rama Forums

help installing please

Ralph D

OK i just bought the superstar 79.00 ver. paid with cc. i got a conformation number, i used my original email address and now what do i do?

I just got an email saying it was charged, but i thought id get a link to download.....great what did i do wrong now.

ok i just got the email, good so far, now do i have to down load s3 first or do i put this new info in the s2 reg now?

SuperStar is included in the S3 installer. Download that, install it (stopping all running programs first), and activate (or reactivate) your license. You can do that (for example) through the Sequence Editor's help menu. Then you can start up SuperStar, and it shouldn't be in demo mode.

ok i put the program on my laptop. loaded it just fine copyed everything fine. opened a sequance and found the song to match it. hit play and it froze does not play at all. any thoughts?

i just tried 2 different files as well.ok i didnt say before i am at work right now, and this laptop is also being used for djing a party. could that be the reason lor wont run a sequance? i am using a program called virtual dj.

ok i was able to shut off my dj program for a second and shure enough that was it. once shut off lor worked fine. bummer, I wnated to do some work. well will have to wait till midnight when i get home!:(

Well ok i get it, would there be a way to shut one off and the other on, if i had the change to do this again? or is it just one or the other.

I don't think it's true that only one program can use Windows Media Player at a time. However, it's entirely possible that some resource issue like that is causing the issue - for example running your DJ program and LOR simultaneously may require (for smooth operations) more CPU power than your computer is capable of delivering.

I don't mean that to be an official diagnosis or anything, just a hypothetical example, so please don't go out and buy a new PC based on thinking that I'm saying your CPU isn't powerful enough!

NO i under stand lol, im going to talk to my dj program people to and find out on there side. but like i said once i shut down there program yesterday, and then hit play on lor, it worked fine, then i opened the dj program and it stopped right away. its not a problem, it just tells me..... i should not be sequencing while working at a gig. no biggie.