Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequence

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I found the steps how to make one... but to me it looks like a pattern that can be created in the sequencer just as easy. Am I missing something here?

Brian... where are you?

I'm considering to purchase but this one has me stumped. I don't have any RGB yet, but will as soon as the software can support a few thousand channels (4K-10K+).

I just found this in another thred, thought it might help you. Im trying it my self now.

You heard right! It is the coolest new feature in the SuperStar software. Once you create a Visualization of your light display in the S3 Visualizer, you do the following:
1) Click on the File menu and selecting “Import Visualization”
2) Press Ctrl+I to launch the Instant Sequence dialog box, use the 3 buttons in the lower left of the dialog box to do the following:
a) Click on the “Open Audio File” button to open your audio file
:D Click on the “Sequence All” button
c) Click on the “Play/Stop All” button

wbottomley wrote:

Thank you Ralph. I saw that but still have a question. How do you get past the generic pattern it lays down?

It's been since Friday and still no answer.

Don't forget the ROLL DICE and the TIMING MAP.

ROLL DICE has a lot of patterns already setup and it gives you 4 patterns to select from every time you ROLL DICE. Select 1 to 4 of the patterns and see what it will do to your CCR's or display

TIMING MAP
You can do a lot by selecting the patterns they have set up or make up your own frequency patterns.

Close will save the new patterns

It will not save any of your patterns unless you do a UNIQUE SAVE AS.

wbottomley wrote:

Thank you Ralph. I saw that but still have a question. How do you get past the generic pattern it lays down?

It's been since Friday and still no answer.

Sorry it took me a while to answer this. How many CCRs are you using for Instant Sequence? Are you just using CCRs or are you using an imported Visualization file.

Paul Carrol has a video he made of a Halloween sequence he made using Instant Sequence. This is what they look like:
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum96/27820.html

Also, I made House on Christmas street using Instant sequence, here it is on youtube:

• 1 month later...

I cant get it to do much of anything but CCR's and unless Im completly missing something I cant get it to do anything but throw errors at me

GoofyGuy wrote:

I cant get it to do much of anything but CCR's and unless Im completly missing something I cant get it to do anything but throw errors at me

To sequence more than CCRs you need to import a visualization from the S3 visualizer. There are some sample files you can import if you do not have a visualization of your display. In the SuperStar program click on the File menu, then select Import Visualization and then navigate to the Samples directory. Import any of the samples and you can do Instant Sequences on them.

As for the "throwing errors" I presume you mean the warnings that it displays saying you are going to lose your current sequence if you procede with creating a new instant sequence. It also warns that you won't be able to use Undo to get your old sequence back. I know those warnings are bothersome, but if someone lost their sequence they had been working on for hours they would be very upset.

• 4 weeks later...

brian i have imported my visualizer into superstar and every thing comes up grey. i have it all in dmx settings in the visualizer and selected open dmx.

also looking to do a matrix with digital strip not ccr is it possible to use super star for this???

Ben monro wrote:

brian i have imported my visualizer into superstar and every thing comes up grey. i have it all in dmx settings in the visualizer and selected open dmx.

also looking to do a matrix with digital strip not ccr is it possible to use super star for this???

The current release does not support DMX, the next release will have it in. But that release won't be until January.

BrianBruderer wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:

To sequence more than CCRs you need to import a visualization from the S3 visualizer. There are some sample files you can import if you do not have a visualization of your display. In the SuperStar program click on the File menu, then select Import Visualization and then navigate to the Samples directory. Import any of the samples and you can do Instant Sequences on them.

As for the "throwing errors" I presume you mean the warnings that it displays saying you are going to lose your current sequence if you procede with creating a new instant sequence. It also warns that you won't be able to use Undo to get your old sequence back. I know those warnings are bothersome, but if someone lost their sequence they had been working on for hours they would be very upset.
Close we are working on my issues. As for the InstantSequencer for lights not CCRs its not so great as everything is patterened the same. I assume that if I run its 12 times on differnt setting I can piece it together. I post this becuase I know a bunch of new people will jump in and just use that, and they will have a fancy fading house and wonder why ours is so much differnt. For CCRs its pretty neat for incan/leds it will take as much time either way.

For Me...first I figured out what Channels, of the 4, controlled what light...easiest way to do that was set all the channels to 1 method, lets say Starburst...then Change one of them, figure out what lights changed, then change another channel, but set original channel changed to starburst...bingo, 2 down...and so forth.

After I figured out what channels were what, i did each method for one channel, went right down the line...some things are great with arches, some looked like disorganized chaos...some looked great with mini trees, some did not...I ended up writing down what each one did, and made some pretty solid Instant sequences with very minor tweaks. Heck, my wife wanted a song done, and whipped that baby out in like 30 minutes, she thought I was a genius, and I will just let her go on thinking that.

Then there is also the timing aspect, slowing things down, making them more or less sensitive to the beat...etc...I had no CCR's, just LED & Incandescents.

For what its worth, I appreciate its capabilities and want to thank Brian