Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrading from S2 Advanced to S3 Advanced

Ralph A

I'm upgrading from S2 Advanced to S3 Advanced. However that option is not offered in the drop down box. The closest is from "Standard to Advanced $40.00" Is that correct? Or is there another option coming?

Thanks!

God what a cluster. I upgraded, using paypal, and it is not the same email address that is associated with the LOR account. Yet there was no place to put something like that except comments. I got 3 emails back from them saying that email account, the paypal one, is not associated with the LOR account, no kidding!

bdeditch wrote:

God what a cluster. I upgraded, using paypal, and it is not the same email address that is associated with the LOR account. Yet there was no place to put something like that except comments. I got 3 emails back from them saying that email account, the paypal one, is not associated with the LOR account, no kidding!

Sorry, our store cannot figure out what license should be upgraded or renewed or whatever, except by matching up the email address. I suggest contacting Light-O-Rama Customer Support about this; they'll get it straightened out for you.

DevMike wrote:

You don't need an 'Upgrade', you need a 'Renewal'.

See: http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html

Ok so i have s2 advanced and just purchased the renewal.With the email for the renewal and here`s what it says to do......Thank you for renewing your Light-O-Rama license.

To reactivate your renewed license, please open the Light-O-Rama Sequence
Editor, click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama'
(or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama').

Copy and paste the following information in the window that opens:

When i click on the help menu in the sequence editor it does not give me the option to upgrade ????Help :(

wallleyes wrote:

DevMike wrote:
You don't need an 'Upgrade', you need a 'Renewal'.

See: http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html

Ok so i have s2 advanced and just purchased the renewal.With the email for the renewal and here`s what it says to do......Thank you for renewing your Light-O-Rama license.

To reactivate your renewed license, please open the Light-O-Rama Sequence
Editor, click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama'
(or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama').

Copy and paste the following information in the window that opens:

When i click on the help menu in the sequence editor it does not give me the option to upgrade ????Help :(

The email says to select "Upgrade Light-O-Rama" or "Register Light-O-Rama". Does the Sequence Editor allow you to select "Register Light-O-Rama"?

wallleyes wrote:

No it does not

If you're using an Advanced license, and a version earlier than 3.0.0, it will not offer either "Upgrade" or "Register" to you.

If this describes what you're seeing, try installing version 3.0.0. You should then be able to do one of the two.

If it doesn't describe what you're seeing, please let me know. Thanks.

keeping the Ralph's together. i have a question. i also am s2 advanced i was considering going to superstar...but i don't have ccr's will i benefit at all with the superstar program or should i stay with the advanced s3?

cmoore60 wrote:

What does the title bar show for you license level?

I have 2.9.4...Never knew there was a 3.0.0.I am going to get 3.0.0

Guest wbottomley

wallleyes wrote:

cmoore60 wrote:
What does the title bar show for you license level?

I have 2.9.4...Never knew there was a 3.0.0.I am going to get 3.0.0

I hope you're joking. If not, you need a pair of glasses. lol

bob wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

Sorry, our store cannot figure out what license should be upgraded or renewed or whatever, except by matching up the email address. I suggest contacting Light-O-Rama Customer Support about this; they'll get it straightened out for you.

I did send them that info in an email from the other email. I now have a total of 30 emails from LOR saying the addy does not match up to there records.

I purchased the renewal (to S3) with paypal also ... and LOR is using a really old email, but it does still work, but I hardly every use it. However, my paypal uses a newer email. I did note on my order that my email for LOR is such and such ... and my LOR license#. I hope it gets sorted out, because after checkout completed ... it was like nothing happened, extremely confusing checkout which leaves you wondering if anything happened ... and no email from LOR. I need to go to bed, but wish there was an option to get your old ancient emails upgraded to a recent email as well.

taybrynn wrote:

I need to go to bed, but wish there was an option to get your old ancient emails upgraded to a recent email as well.

Drop a ticket in the queue. I'm sure they are going to check it this weekend.

lightorama.com/support

When the license first came out on LORII I simply called and changed my email address with LOR. Between the time I purchased my original LOR I and the license version of LOR II came out I had changed email addy. Mary was very accomodating to change at that time. Granted volume of people may preclude this working as well now. Worth a shot.

Chuck