LOR Website has S3 to purchase...

T. Bennett

MikeH wrote:

khawes wrote:
Shoot missed 1 year by 11 days.

I know how you feel, I missed it by 10 days. :(

MikeH

...Sigh... I missed it by 4 years. :?

after waiting these last mounths for it you know what was the real killer watching the download box telling self go go go

So .. if you purchased a S2 licence over a yesr ago you have to renew the licence for $30 and then that will allow you to upgrade to the S3 software for no additional cost.

If I am reading this correct ?!

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

So .. if you purchased a S2 licence over a yesr ago you have to renew the licence for $30 and then that will allow you to upgrade to the S3 software for no additional cost.

Dave

Reading it right? Yes/No.

If your license doesn't cover S3 then you would need to renew your license. (See this thread for License FAQ http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html)

Renewing your license would make you eligible for future versions. (See that FAQ, it's covered in there) as well as the current S3.0.0 version.

Make sense?

RaceMedic wrote:

Dave

That is how I am reading it too (though others that have done it will clarify). But I also am reading it correctly, that buying a Superstar license also renews your S2 license. For instead of $30, it seems that $45 for both seems like the most bang for your buck. Can somebody please confirm this: my current Advanced S2 license doesn't qualify for S3 (more than 1 yr old). If I buy a 2CCR Superstar license for $45, that I get Superstar as well as Advanced S3.

Yes that is correct. I had S2 advanced and purchased the 4 ccr license and that included S3. I had to download S3 from the download page.

Mark J. M. wrote:

Yes that is correct. I had S2 advanced and purchased the 4 ccr license and that included S3. I had to download S3 from the download page.

And S3 remained as Advanced?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:

Dave

That is how I am reading it too (though others that have done it will clarify). But I also am reading it correctly, that buying a Superstar license also renews your S2 license. For instead of $30, it seems that $45 for both seems like the most bang for your buck. Can somebody please confirm this: my current Advanced S2 license doesn't qualify for S3 (more than 1 yr old). If I buy a 2CCR Superstar license for $45, that I get Superstar as well as Advanced S3.

That is correct: If you purchase a SuperStar license, it also counts as a license renewal, and so there is no reason to also purchase a license renewal. You will get both SuperStar and the rest of S3.

Similarly, if you purchase a license upgrade (such as "Basic" to "Basic Plus"), that also counts as a license renewal, and so there is no reason to purchase one separately.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

If I buy a 2CCR Superstar license for $45, that I get Superstar as well as Advanced S3.

Check out the same FAQ..
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html

Quote:
WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT LICENSE LEVEL UPGRADES OR SUPERSTAR PURCHASES INSTEAD OF LICENSE RENEWALS?
You can purchase a license renewal by itself, but a license level upgrade (such as upgrading a Basic license to Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced) counts as a license renewal. So does the purchase of a SuperStar license.

So, if your license does not currently support S3, you might want to purchase a license renewal, but you might instead want to consider purchasing a license level upgrade or a SuperStar license instead of a license renewal.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Mark J. M. wrote:

And S3 remained as Advanced?
Yes the S3 is the advanced version.

The S3 Sequence Editor will still say Advanced.

The SuperStar Sequencer will display the CCR levels you have.

Two separate programs.

Don wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
If I buy a 2CCR Superstar license for $45, that I get Superstar as well as Advanced S3.

Check out the same FAQ..
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28470.html

Quote:
WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT LICENSE LEVEL UPGRADES OR SUPERSTAR PURCHASES INSTEAD OF LICENSE RENEWALS?
You can purchase a license renewal by itself, but a license level upgrade (such as upgrading a Basic license to Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced) counts as a license renewal. So does the purchase of a SuperStar license.

So, if your license does not currently support S3, you might want to purchase a license renewal, but you might instead want to consider purchasing a license level upgrade or a SuperStar license instead of a license renewal.

Yes, I saw that but just wanted to clarify since it seemed to good to be true in my opinion, but it is true. Seems like a no brainer to me: $16 more to get Superstar--what a deal!

I guess I was stupid and didn't understand this. I purchased a renewal, but now want to get a SuperStar license. What do I do? Do I have to pay $45 plus what I previously paid today for my renewal?