Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you save a Channel template

shakeonit

When you go to the trouble to create a named/numbered channel template, how do you save it so you can use it for every song, including older songs, that you want to add it into? make sense?

The Light-O-Rama sequence editor allows you to save a template, so that you do not have to re-enter your lighting configuration and animation drawing each time.
Once you have created a sequence (with or without a drawing in the animation window) you can save this information to a template so that you can easily create a new sequence.

1. Click "Edit -> Export Channel Configuration"
  2. When prompted, enter a filename for your template.
  3. Click "File -> New" and create a new musical (or animation) sequence.
  4. Look for the section called "Use a saved channel configuration template" and use the "..." button to chose the template you created in steps 1 and 2.
  5. Once you click okay, your new sequence is ready to go with your information already filled in for you.

Thank you. I searched the manuals the last two days trying to find this, but couldn't come up with it. That is really helpful and easy now.

shakeonit wrote:

Thank you.  I searched the manuals the last two days trying to find this, but couldn't come up with it.  That is really helpful and easy now.

I had the same problem a few days ago.