Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

Finished up the Wife's Halloween show tonight, nothing left but some minor cleanup and a re-sequence of a single song (double a couple of elements and just need to mirror up the layout). Have a couple of Hybrid trees in the garage that are just waiting to be setup, then comes the big issues......figuring out how to sequence 2 CCR double arches. Only 16 days till I can start putting stuff out in the yard. Let the games begin! :cool:

wbottomley wrote:

Three mega trees up and ready to go. That's over 20K lights in one day. Next weekend, who knows.

Does Christmas come earlier where you are? Aren't you worried about weather or other problems (fading if nothing else)...

shakeonit wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Three mega trees up and ready to go. That's over 20K lights in one day. Next weekend, who knows.

Does Christmas come earlier where you are?  Aren't you worried about weather or other problems (fading if nothing else)...

Look at the SIZE of his display. William has to start early. Even more this year then last.

Pics and videos of last year on his webstite

take a look:
http://www.highcountrylights.com/

wbottomley wrote:

how come the first thing you did not put up was your live streaming?!?!!?

Want to see the build process!!! :(

jimswinder wrote:

wbottomley wrote:

how come the first thing you did not put up was your live streaming?!?!!?

Want to see the build process!!! :(

Ditto!!!

You know my feelings! No trouble shooting loose, broken or burnt out bulbs. Hoist them up, and never worry about them.

And the blue is brilliant.

Cant wait to see all 5 trees.

Guest wbottomley

When I turn them on, I was stunned.

Incandescent bulbs are history in my display. I will continue to convert them over. I hate troubleshooting those little pesky good for nothing dimwits. lol

I started changing mine over to LED in 2007.

Have just about finished changing out all the wire frames I built to all LED.

But it was the megatree that really started it for me. Wind slapping strings against the pole during setup, breaking bulbs, having burnt out bulbs and lowering the strings to repair and etc.

Your life is going to be so much easier now, William

Hello everybody,

I'm already setting the display and I run it officially on the 1st of December every year.

Hello everybody,

I'm already setting the display and I run it officially on the 1st of December every year.

December one is lights on for me ( I hope ). I have my 10 bushes done outside with 4 color mega strands. Got my two bases (4 ft concrete) set for my two 20 foot mega trees. Also have 8 songs in the final stages of completion (4 I think done). Can't sleep to night so will do some sequencing. December one looks like it might happen.

Play safe everyone !!

Lights go on Thanksgiving Eve. Last year was my first year doing a computerized display so everyone is probably watching to see if this is going to be an annual thing. Crew will be here on 11/5 to help put lights on the roof.

I thought I was done sequencing, but now that I have S3 and channel groups I'm feeling a strong urge to add some more.