Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

I'm the worlds greatest procrastinator! Well kinda, I've got 3 songs sequenced, and that's about it. My wife told me no Christmas lights until Halloween is over. So I've got two weeks to finish sequencing, and 4 weeks to hang lights.

gbuckme2 wrote:

I'm the worlds greatest procrastinator! Well kinda, I've got 3 songs sequenced, and that's about it. My wife told me no Christmas lights until Halloween is over. So I've got two weeks to finish sequencing, and 4 weeks to hang lights.

how come you can't sequence those 4 weeks also...

hang lights during the day...sequence at night...

that's my plan..

lousy plan I know..

but it works (almost) for me!! :P

I'd love to be setting up right now, but SWMBO won't let me. Least I'm putting things together now so they can be moved into position as soon as I get the green light. Stringers on the eves may go up this weekend. Tree is built and ready to be moved (hopefully, will take at least four people to get thru the small space). Still got a but! load of sequencing to do.

Tom Straub

Pretty much have all the sequencing done. On Nov 5th I have a crew coming to put the lights up on the roof. Then on the 14th I put the rest out in the yard. I would be putting lights up now, but I don't want to spook the neighbors too early.

Cherry Picker? What's that? LOL

My wife did buy me a little giant ladder for Father's Day, so I will be much safer, but reaching 30' on my tippie toes to hang several elements keeps the heart pumping and the thrills coming...

I was off for knee surgery the last few weeks, so thankfully I was able to complete several projects including arches, poles, retrofitting old signs and and some organization.

It will all come too quick, but I'm a procrastinator by nature so it wouldn't help to have more time, I'd waste it...

I do use my 5 kids to help speed up the "more than a month" setup process which will start next Sunday. I don't do too much except high stuff, before Halloween for fear of tricksters ruining my hard work.

jimswinder wrote:

gbuckme2 wrote:

how come you can't sequence those 4 weeks also...

hang lights during the day...sequence at night...

that's my plan..

lousy plan I know..

but it works (almost) for me!!  :P

Well yeah that's a given, so far so good 4 songs done. I also took a week vacation for the week before Thanksgiving so hopefully I can get most of it done then. I do plan on having most of it done by then, that week will hopefully be for troubleshooting since this is my first year.

I can't even start putting out any of the Christmas stuff till 1 Nov because we do a big Halloween display/Haunted yard. This year we decided to put 2 displays up, one in the front yard for the little kids and one in the back yard for the older kids. I have put up 2500 feet of PVC already for the tunnel and the 30' X 40' maze. Im tired already!!!!

I'm in great shape... plenty of time to finish everything I need to.

Oh... you meant Christmas 2011??!!??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought you meant 2012. :)

Guest Don Gillespie

Well was looking real good this morning bolted my Angel to the mast stood it up realized I bolted it on the wrong side tore off some LEDS took it down removed the LEDS installed new LEDS rebolted it on the right side rehung the mast and viola everything is working now tomorrow brings another day

Don Gillespie wrote:

Well was looking real good this morning bolted my Angel to the mast stood it up realized I bolted it on the wrong side tore off some LEDS took it down removed the LEDS installed new LEDS rebolted it on the right side rehung the mast and viola everything is working now tomorrow brings another day

sounds like something I would do!!!! :cool:

re-wrapping all 12 of my arches from last year this evening...going from just white to two colors...

jimswinder wrote:

re-wrapping all 12 of my arches from last year this evening...going from just white to two colors...

I'd help you if you hadn't called me Pat! :)

Guest Don Gillespie

LORi P wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I'd help you if you hadn't called me Pat! :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha LMFO :D

Time is running out. I've got 3 more mini trees to finish, window light frames to do and oh....found out that I need to reduce the intensity of ALL my sequences to make them look okay with LED's. Anybody know a site where I can order an extra 12 hours a day?

You know, Scince summer it has felt like crunch time for me. Up to 416 channels, new inventions for the show not to mention installation invention, ya, I feel whooped! But you know, it's all good !Wish everyone a great show! Break a leg!

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Double Ditto. Spent a lot of time on CCB layouts.

I have changed my locations and layout since I did not preorder light in Jan/Feb in hopes of CCBs mid summer. I am redoing my sequences and bought sting lights at Lowes.

I have plenty to get dome for year one. I am super excited! 64 channels and 28,000 LEDs!

The floor on my bathtub broke through and I am having natural gas installed (I hope) so things have been busy this week. Still having fun.

BrownOut wrote:

jonproctor1 wrote:
Actually did putting up decorations:(

Be careful out there!

How??
Took about 15 foot fall off ladder. Required knee repaired and two of those screws in top of fibia. The other is right behind the one you can see.