Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Scroll Right

dkoehler42

Has anyone else been unable to click and drag to the right? For example, I can select "On" and drag it left, and it works just fine. If I want to go right, I have to manually click the bar and then shift click the cell. I'm using Windows XP with the latest LOR version. This was not an issue before I upgraded from the 2.4 version.

This sounds like it might be a known bug, which will be fixed in the upcoming release of version 3.0.0.

If it really is the same bug as I think it is, then it only happens when the Sequence Editor is maximized. So, until 3.0.0 comes out, you can work around this by "unmaximizing" the Sequence Editor. You can then manually make it almost as big as it is when maximized (by manually clicking and dragging the corners of the program).

Aha, good to know. That leads me to two questions: where is a list of known bugs, and when is 3.0.0 going to be available?

To answer the second question first: Soon. Sorry I can't be more specific.

To answer the first question: We haven't published an official list of known bugs. However, I can at least tell you the bugs that will be fixed in version 3.0.0 (there may be some others that didn't make it onto this list for whatever reason):

• The tooltip for the Sequence Editor's "Custom Shimmer" button was inappropriately labeled.
  • If multiple sequences were open in the Sequence Editor, and they were not maximized, switching from one sequence to another by directly clicking on a sequence would correctly activate that sequence, but would not update the row of sequence tabs to show that that sequence is now active.
  • A bug in an earlier Beta release of the software, which was not released to the general public, would sometimes cause a sequence to accumulate "extra" RGB channels, which were not present in any of the sequence's tracks. These RGB channels weren't noticeable to a user, and they would not affect the behavior of the lights, but their presence in a sequence could cause certain operations, such as deleting channels, to be much slower than normal, for that particular sequence. Such operations have now been sped up.
  • Clipboards that were loaded from saved clipboard files would always paste as if "Paste from foreground" was enabled.
  • If both the Sequence Editor and the active sequence were maximized, and neither vertical scroll bar (the one to scroll between tracks and the one to scroll within a track) were present, and the program was running on the rightmost monitor, then when selecting an area by clicking and dragging, you would be unable to scroll to the right while selecting.
  • When loading a clipboard, if you selected the clipboard file's name by double clicking it in the file browsing dialog, and the mouse happened to be over a sequence, then after the clipboard loaded, a phantom mouse click would be applied to the sequence. So, for example, if the Fade Up tool was selected, a fade up would be applied to the spot on the sequence where your mouse happened to be.
  • The Delete Controller dialog used to be unable to distinguish between different LOR controllers that happen to have the same unit ID on different networks.
  • If a show has a jukebox interactive group, and the trigger associated with that group is pushed while a sequence from that group is playing, the trigger should not cause the sequence to be interrupted and the next sequence in the group to be played. This worked fine. However, it would cause the sequence that is considered to be "next" to be changed. For example, if the group contains three sequences, A, B, and C, and A is playing when the trigger is pushed, A would continue playing (as it should), but after A ended, if the trigger were pushed again, C, not B, would play.
  • When creating a new musical sequence, if you set the number of channels to zero, and then specify that the channels should be created via a channel configuration file instead of via the specified number of channels, the Sequence Editor would tell you that you need to specify more than zero channels, and then crash.
  • In the Sequence Editor, when the time range of a track is scrolled, the time ranges of any other tracks in the sequence should scroll with it. However, this did not occur unless those other tracks had already been displayed at least once since the sequence was loaded or created. It also would not occur during play except when those other tracks were displayed.
  • On the Hardware Utility's LOR MP3 tab, if no MP3 controller were connected, the "Set" button (to set the unit's time) should be greyed out. In most cases, it was, but if no comm port existed (as opposed to merely no comm port being selected) it was not greyed out, and so could be pushed. Pushing it in such a situation would result in a crash of the Hardware Utility.
  • When the track list of a sequence is changed in the Sequence Editor - for example, if a track is moved to another position - any tracks that had been hidden would automatically unhide.
  • In the Sequence Editor, when a file was chosen from a file browsing dialog by double clicking on the file, sometimes the sequence grid that was "beneath" the dialog would act as if it had been clicked. For example, an effect tool might be applied to the grid, or a Channel Settings dialog would open.
  • If a track was hidden, moving it up in the list of tracks would cause it to become the first displayed track.
  • If a clipboard was saved in the Sequence Editor, and the clipboard's name was invalid in certain ways, the Sequence Editor would crash.
  • If an iDMX1000 controller was selected in the Hardware Utility's Test Console, the "Current Channel Range" display would be incorrect.
  • The "Move to Track Number..." menu item on a channel button's popup menu was enabled even if there was only one track.