Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller shipping time info

dogwarz

I ordered mine on 10/23 and have not heard a word as of yet . I'm getting worried as my show is scheduled to start december 3. A periodic update would be nice but then again we are only Canadians and we go to the back of the line if we do not live in the US.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• JBullard

• richaten

• harrison0550

Lol Hmmmm wasn't exactly the answer I was hoping for but hey it is what it is. From what I've read LOR is the best of the best but is there a second best option out there? I really don't wanna give up on this project so close to the end. I guess I will hold off until Monday and give them a call before I jump the gun and assume anything.

I saw that post as well. (the one about the 3 controllers for sale, not the Canada junk)
I clicked the link added them to the cart right when my wife leaned over and looked at the iPad and said
Wife: I thought those were under $500
me: No honey that's for the board only these are ready to go out the gate.
Wife: if you spend almost $300 more for something you can put together you will be out the gate
Me: crying

Somebody best jump on them though cause if she goes to bed soon I'm ordering these.

I just ordered 1 also from Don's site, hopefully I got one of the 3 available. I knew when I ordered mine in October that it would be awhile to get, then I started kicking myself for not ordering 2, I didn't realize how fast the channels get used up. :(

Guest Don Gillespie

Mike Manzara wrote:

. A periodic update would be nice but then again we are only Canadians and we go to the back of the line if we do not live in the US.

What a bunch of crap speak for yourself I have had nothing but great dealings with LOR my shipment was here last week I ordered on the 8th of Oct there are a lot of people that live in the US that haven't received their product, just because we live in Canada does not put us at the back of the line, not a wise thing to say.

I feel for those that haven't received their orders, and I hope they arrive in time. Now, for those that placed orders mid late October and are so surprised they haven't received anything yet, I've got one thing....REALLY!! I mean cmon, people that ordered the first few days they opened sales up again haven't received yet. You knew when it was opening for sale, and it was made quite clear that stock was limited and it was going to take several weeks to get them in because of supplier issues. So those of you who ordered on the 23 or the like that are complaining, you need to get over yourself. It is nobodies fault but your own that you waited so long to order. Those that are waiting patiently, and trying to get a feel for when you might get yours, thank you, and again, I feel for those waiting.

k6ccc wrote:

For anyone waiting for DC controllers, I got the E-Mail that my 2 shipped yesterday so it looks like those are finally starting to get shipped....

That's good to know. I ordered three of them on 10/09 and haven't heard anything as of yet.

I had ordered one DC controller on 12 September and then modified the order on 30 September to add a second DC controller and a servo dog. I was going to modify the order again to make it 3 DC controllers, but when I fired up the computer on the evening of 2 November, I had received the shipped notice. So I ordered one more DC controller as a separate order on 3 November. I'm really not in any hurry for the additional order as it will be several months before the last of the landscaping project is completed and I will be able to make use of the 3rd controller.

Never was planning on a show this Christmas, but while I have the yard down to bare dirt, I'm burying A LOT of conduit (I should end up with about a quarter mile of pipe under a front yard that's only 85 feet long - that does include the sprinklers).

So aside from all the witty comments like "REALLY" or "it's your own fault" and "I'm Canadian they hate me" does anyone have any real insight as to wether it's all orders are shipping in average 3 weeks+ or is it just for the pre assembled boards? Seems each device has a different shipping disclaimer under it.

PCB16PC assembled = many weeks?
PCB16PC Kit = 2 - 3 weeks
PCB16K = ships in 2-3 business days
PCB16K starter package = on backorder stock expected late September

Not that I'm agreeing with the Canadian guy, I don't expect an update on my previously ordered package as I hope it arrives in time but I do think the site should be updated as it's no longer September. If they are currently out of everything then it should reflect on the page before we buy it. I really would like to set up a show this year and if the PCB16K's are truly shipping in 2 - 3 business days then I will consider ordering them. Just curious how accurate the sites shipping disclaimers are since they appear to be last updated in Sep.

Dave Boros wrote:

On the forum home page, there is a column on the left side broken down into several boxes. One of them has PDU in it. That has the updates for the controllers and such. The last post I believe was Oct 24. It has the reasons and such in it. Actually, here's the link.

http://www.lightorama.com/pdu

Thanks for that one. Very handy page, but DAMN is that page hard to read! Very light gray text on a white background - not good contrast!

I ordered mine on 10-11 and no relief yet.. LOL.. But have the feeling a change is going to come.. LOL

Jeff

Ordered 1-CTB16PC 10/3 received 11/2 yaahoo. This bad habit forced me to order another 11/5.We will see how that goes. Also broke a pin on 470 ohm resistor network, request replacement on 11/4,will order from mouser if need be.To this date I am happy with LOR. Also working in the electronic field for over 20 years, relying on overseas distributors can be frustraiting, I have seen lead times from 2 to as much as 12 weeks on the simplest of components.