Light-O-Rama Forums

sequences

jimmy sartain

i have a copy of the master layout for lor and i have 5 controllers if i want the 32 chanel mega tree layout at the address hex # 0A do i have to have 10 controllers to to reach this address or can i program the hex# for the 32 channel megatree into one of my existing controllers thanks for any help you can give shocky61

how do you change the address within an existing sequence?:cool:
I've been trying to find where to do that for a couple of weeks

Richard R wrote:

how do you change the address within an existing sequence?:cool:
I've been trying to find where to do that for a couple of weeks

In the sequence editor go to

Tools>Channel Configuration

In the Channel Configuration window you can change the unit ID/number on an existing controller. You will have to change it on ALL 16 channels of that controller.

You will also have to assign the new controller ID to a controller. Either with the dials on the controller or with LOR Hardware utility depending on which controllers you have.

NOTE: If there is a 'change controller' button at the bottom of the configuration window it would be easier to change the controller unit ID that way. The change controller button will allow you to change the unit ID on all 16 channels at the same time.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Controller channels do not need to be contiguous. SNIP
Jeff

Not trying to be an a$$ here.

Controller Unit IDs don't need to be contiguous.

For the record sounds like I assign controller IDs the same way Jeff does.

Jimmy, what license level do you have? Basic? Standard? Advanced?

Don, can you answer , if Jimmy has only Standard level, and he addresses a unit higher than 8, will it work or does the # of units go by actual hardware found?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Jimmy, what license level do you have? Basic? Standard? Advanced?

Don, can you answer , if Jimmy has only Standard level, and he addresses a unit higher than 8, will it work or does the # of units go by actual hardware found?

Going from memory here, but based on what I recall reading here in the forums it's the address of the controller. So, a device assigned ID 09 wouldn't work.

tj , thanks for your input on my question i have the advanced license level and i think i'm up to date with v2.9.4 advanced will this allow me to do the task im trying to do using the advice from the earlier responces again thanks to you all for your very much appreciated advice js

(burning up my 1000th post) :P

Sure thing Jim, with the Adv level, you can address them to whatever you want then..

Don, thats what I thot.. license looks at physical address of the unit, so if a controller was purchased on.. say eBay, or CriagsList and was addressed Unit # higher than 2, 4 or 8 for Basic, Plus or Standard lic, it wouldnt work until the unit was either addressed lower, or lic upgraded.. Thanks.