Light-O-Rama Forums

Are The Sales Over and Done With??

jimswinder

Carl S wrote:

Did they remove this because I can't seem to find it.
Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------
Click on the PDU link on the left side of the page under Light-O-Rama Links.

It is still there.

Carl S wrote:

Thanks guys I see the link but not the new memo Dan put out today.

try doing an F5 and refreshing your computer cache...

Kinda looks like new orders on (partially) assembled controllers are "several weeks" out (at least the shipping of them) since needing to fill back-orders. Good to see they are now testing well and hopefully all will go smoothly from here.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Looks like the sales are over!

Huh?

The item most have been waiting for goes on sale tomorrow.

From the desk of Dan Baldwin, CEO

Re: CTB-16PC sales resuming October 7, 2011 and the anticipated release of S3 including SuperStar

Light-O-Rama customers:

CTB-16PC testing has gone very well and we feel the supply chain issue for this product has been addressed.

We will begin selling the latest generation of CTB-16PC product Friday morning, October 7, 2011 at 8:00am EDT. http://store.lightorama.com

Final polishing of our S3 sequencing package, including SuperStar has also gone well. I now anticipate the software being released next week.

LOR-160x controllers are still on track to be tackled next week.

Thank you for your continued patience.

rstately wrote:

I think there for sale, but not on sale.
If anything there more expensive.

At the moment they are the same price as last year, but will go up in price.

Haven't seen anything specifically saying that the sales are finished, but sure looks like it. I was hoping the DIO32 and daughter cards would be on sale. Seems that not everything was on sale this year as in previous years. Didn't need them , just wanted to "play" and experiment. Come to think of it, I didn't see the iDMX1000 or DC cards listed either. Guess it's possible that all this was due to the previously mentioned manufacturer problems. The only hardware I am really awaiting is the CCB; hopefully, the testing is going well on those, but the way Dan's luck seems to be running this year ......

Denny wrote:

Haven't seen anything specifically saying that the sales are finished, but sure looks like it. I was hoping the DIO32 and daughter cards would be on sale. Seems that not everything was on sale this year as in previous years. Didn't need them , just wanted to "play" and experiment. Come to think of it, I didn't see the iDMX1000 or DC cards listed either. Guess it's possible that all this was due to the previously mentioned manufacturer problems. The only hardware I am really awaiting is the CCB; hopefully, the testing is going well on those, but the way Dan's luck seems to be running this year ......

Agree, was hoping to get a DC card on sale too.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Agree, was hoping to get a DC card on sale too.

Each year, I find myself relying more on the DC controllers and DMX, probably because of more reliance on LEDs each year versus the incandescents. (It's all Greg's - Pondude - fault with his great products.) The last PC kit that I bought was two years ago and it is still in the box to be assembled; I didn't even use four of the other controllers last year.

Have not seen any posts from Dan about the CCFs. Wondering if they will be available this season or not. Price is not important; availability is. I have sent emails to LOR, but never seem to get a response I can sink my teeth into. Still waiting patiently.

• 3 months later...

John Pfeiffer wrote:

Have not seen any posts from Dan about the CCFs. Wondering if they will be available this season or not. Price is not important; availability is. I have sent emails to LOR, but never seem to get a response I can sink my teeth into. Still waiting patiently.

Just fyi, I spoke with Dan from LoR and he told me that the CCFs would be in line with their summer sale, but that they were expensive ~ around $100 - $120 a pop. I only hope my wife realizes way too late what this hobby is going to cost :P