Light-O-Rama Forums

Are The Sales Over and Done With??

jimswinder

I see that the "Mini Sales" link and "September Sale" banner are no longer on the LOR website...

I guess this means nothing else is going on sale?

1511766.GIF

My guess is that we are out of luck for this year, I think we will all be happy if they are able to get the normal gear that has been out of stock made available to buy.

At this point in the season, a "sale" with full price items and free overnight shipping (or 2 day - air) shipping would be cool with me.

jimswinder wrote:

I see that the "Mini Sales" link and "September Sale" banner are no longer on the LOR website...

1511766.GIF

The links still show up unchanged for me.

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

I see that the "Mini Sales" link and "September Sale" banner  are no longer on the LOR website...

1511766.GIF

Jim... it's October. :D

wbottomley wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

1511766.GIF
Jim... it's October. :)
I was wondering when someone would be pointing out the obvious to me... lol

where's Captain Obvious when you need him?!?!?

was just on the lor website,and the ell are still on sale. I think the sales will be ongoing

jimswinder wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

1511766.GIF
Jim... it's October. :P

Jim, I don't know if anyone mentioned this but:

it's October. :P

(where was I? I was grabbing a few short winks after watching Cy Verlander take out the Yankees, then getting up at a god-awful hour to catcha god-awful early flight...but always glad to help you out...:D:D)

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
wbottomley wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

1511766.GIF
Jim... it's October. :D

Jim, I don't know if anyone mentioned this but:

it's October. :P

(where was I? I was grabbing a few short winks after watching Cy Verlander take out the Yankees, then getting up at a god-awful hour to catcha god-awful early flight...but always glad to help you out...:D:D)

everyone keeps telling Jim it is October in Jim's mind it is two days till Christmas I feel his pain hang in there Jim Dan won't let us down :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

everyone keeps telling Jim it is October in Jim's mind it is two days till Christmas I feel his pain hang in there Jim Dan won't let us down :D

if it was two days before Christmas, then my show would have been running for 29 days by now!!!!

how about "2 days before Thanksgiving"... :P

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

if it was two days before Christmas, then my show would have been running for 29 days by now!!!!

how about "2 days before Thanksgiving"... :P

Jim, you should aim for 2 days before Canadian Thanksgiving... that give youuuuuu... 4 days from now!

I am sorry if this has been answer before I am new to this site. I have been doing a display with over 25k lights for years I was hoping this was going to be the first time with the display set to music but like all of you I am still hoping. but any way if I am able to get my first controller does anyone know if there is any problem dedicating a Chanel to just be on from the start of the show to the end and also is there any chatter when using the controller to turn on a lighting contractor.

Yes, keeping a channel on all the time is no problem.

Chatter? Depends on the contractor characteristics.

Have you purchased the software or at least downloaded the demo version and started learning it?

No reference to the sale, but it looks like there's a status update on the new controllers:

http://www.lightorama.com/pdu/

October 4, 2011
12:59pm EDT

From the desk of Dan Baldwin, CEO

Re: New product delivery delays

Light-O-Rama customers:

Final testing of the latest generation CTB-16PC testing is looking good. Boards go through a series of quality assurance tests, each more strenuous than the last. We had a high failure rate in the beginning because of a bad batch of triacs, but of the boards that passed the initial tests, all made it through the last and toughest high load test. We are now testing boards with a different batch of triacs and they have had 0.0% failures (as is expected.)

We anticipate CTB-16PC boards to start shipping in limited quantity late this week as we fill backorders and we will need several weeks to catch up. Please watch here for the latest information on when you can start placing new orders.

The latest generation LOR-160x controllers are due to be delivered to our warehouse early the week of October 10. Assuming QA testing goes well, shipping should start ramping up at the end of that week.

We realize Halloween is right around the corner. Please continue to bear with us as we work through these initial issues.

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

"...  :D

A little optimistic aren't we? You mean the show would be DOWN 28 days?:D

rwertz wrote:

No reference to the sale, but it looks like there's a status update on the new controllers:

http://www.lightorama.com/pdu/

October 4, 2011
12:59pm EDT

From the desk of Dan Baldwin, CEO

Re:  New product delivery delays

Light-O-Rama customers:

Final testing of the latest generation CTB-16PC testing is looking good.  Boards go through a series of quality assurance tests, each more strenuous than the last.  We had a high failure rate in the beginning because of a bad batch of triacs, but of the boards that passed the initial tests, all made it through the last and toughest high load test.  We are now testing boards with a different batch of triacs and they have had 0.0% failures (as is expected.) 

We anticipate CTB-16PC boards to start shipping in limited quantity late this week as we fill backorders and we will need several weeks to catch up.  Please watch here for the latest information on when you can start placing new orders.

The latest generation LOR-160x controllers are due to be delivered to our warehouse early the week of October 10.  Assuming QA testing goes well, shipping should start ramping up at the end of that week.

We realize Halloween is right around the corner.  Please continue to bear with us as we work through these initial issues.

Did they remove this because I can't seem to find it.
Thanks