Light-O-Rama Forums

Installing newer version of LOR

RayDorman

Hello,

When upgrading to 2.9.4 from last year, is there a need to somehow "de-authorize" the software before uninstalling the older version?

Thanks!

There isn't even a deauthorize option. All the registration information is normally saved through the reinstall. I've installed nearly every version since licensing came out, and you pretty much forget about it, unless you are adding it to a new PC.

If it somehow forgets the key you have installed, you can go to the retrieve key page, and get your key sent to the email you originally bought the software with. And so far, there are a number of reports that even if you have to reinstall a key (from users who reimmaged their PC), as long as it still goes back on the same hardware, it does not use up any additional seats on your license.

Incoming thread hijack: I have ran out of licence seats but only have the software on 1 computer now as I go thru alot of computers. I need to install S2 on my home computer, what can I do as I have emailed LOR but no response and I need the show to go on.. tonight.. Thanks folks and now back to your regular thread viewing...

I do a lot of reinstalls/rebuilding my computers too, just pick up the phone, call LOR.. I had to do this last year and Dan just bumped up the number of seats in his registry then when you reregister, just copy/paste the install key from your original email, it'll reset S2 from Demo to the live version.. If you dont have the email anymore, go to the Software page and Retrieve License.. it'll give it back to you.

rikerz wrote:

Incoming thread hijack: I have ran out of licence seats but only have the software on 1 computer now as I go thru alot of computers. I need to install S2 on my home computer, what can I do as I have emailed LOR but no response and I need the show to go on.. tonight.. Thanks folks and now back to your regular thread viewing...

Fixed, thanks all...!