Light-O-Rama Forums

How to test your completed kit ?

timmydatoolman

Is there an easy way to test the kits after they are assembled? the firat 3 I build earlier this year I hooked up to power and used a multi meter on each output to verify voltage3 times once for on, once for shimmer and once for twinkle. Is this nessicary? Can you just verify that on works and the other 2 will be ok ?

I am putting together 9 kits and looking for the fastest way to test them.

Thanks.

timmydatoolman wrote:

Is there an easy way to test the kits after they are assembled? the firat 3 I build earlier this year I hooked up to power and used a multi meter on each output to verify voltage3 times once for on, once for shimmer and once for twinkle. Is this nessicary? Can you just verify that on works and the other 2 will be ok ?

I am putting together 9 kits and looking for the fastest way to test them.

Thanks.

I soldered up 33 kits last year and I just hooked a string of lights to each channel and ran a "test" sequence"...

yep, me too, I use 8 or 16 sets, pulled right from boxes, but still wrapped up, plug them into the sockets, then run the Hardware channel test (fade, chase, twinkle, etc),.. but really, if the 8 or 16 just light up, then it's a good build. I had an idea to build a tester board, with 16 C7's in pigtails, (two rows of 8) and have it mounted on the bench, plug in each set and test, but that was waaaay too ambitious..