Light-O-Rama Forums

THE GAME IS CANCELLED !!!!!

BrownOut

[align=center]"THE GAME IS CANCELLED !!!!! [/align]
The game has been cancelled. There are people out there with internet skills that allowed them to find the free ELLs before we even put the links up for them. Therefore the game is ruined. We will come up with another way to play this game that is less likely to be ruined. "

Awe man!

Seeing this reminds me of my luck with powerball too!!... cancel that as I never have a hope in winning even my money back :) to whoever cheated.. I hope your internet fails.. maybe even a wire or few chewed too!!

Dan explains it in this post- http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28038&forum_id=55

Personally, I was looking forward to playing "Where's the ELL link?" since I have nothing else better to do. But since someone had to ruin the fun, I will go back to enjoying Football, Beer, and Sequencing. :)

razorchristmas wrote:

Lets play guess the cheater, winner gets the ELL. My idea.

I like it!

I also like William B's idea of the Draw from the pot.

Such a shame that LOR is trying to do some extra things during this sale to make it fun for the customers and then someone has to go and ruin it for everyone by cheating.

Thanks Dan for LOR and all that you have done.

Shame on those people that are trying to ruin it for everyone. It was probably the same people that tried ordering controllers when they were accidently priced at $0.00. :)

I agree with above..... shame on someone for ruining the whole thing for everyone. I would say best way to keep anyone from cheating would be to have a link to enter the contest and just randomly (by computer or whatever) select the winners from those that respond.

LightsinMaine wrote:

I agree with above..... shame on someone for ruining the whole thing for everyone. I would say best way to keep anyone from cheating would be to have a link to enter the contest and just randomly (by computer or whatever) select the winners from those that respond.

I agree. A true game not based on skills. The LOR unlottery.

Mark Showalter wrote:

Dan is looking for a creative way to give things away. Maybe Jimswinder can help.:cool:

Jim is waiting on the Lori giveaway.

Mark Showalter wrote:

Dan is looking for a creative way to give things away. Maybe Jimswinder can help.:cool:

I agree. Jimswinder did a great job with his drawing, and creatively presented the winners. Seems to me that LOR already has means of picking random winners for the TryForFree contests. Entries could be either replies to a thread, or probably easier yet some sort of submission field in a form on a web page that would automatically generate the database of entries (probably something similar to how they collect email addresses for their sale info shown here http://www.lightorama.com/JoinMailList.html).