Light-O-Rama Forums

Background Image issues

Robert Burton

I am sure this is something that has been gone over before.

I am using a different computer than last year (new laptop, Win7). I am trying to open a sequence I used last year, same background as I used with this sequence. It is not lining up. I tried every size possible in columns and rows...and it is just not working.

What to do?

I've seen it happen too when changing computers with the display set,to different resolutions, i don't remember exactly but I know that in the animation display i was able to resize it and correct the display. So, I hope it helps knowing that if you play with it some you can probably stumble into a solution. Also, some resolutions end up with a smaller image than I like but at least they line up.

One thing that I have learned to do when this happens is to create the exact folder/path that the original sequence is going to look for the picture and place the picture in this newly created folder.
For example, when you first open the sequence an error message pops up stating that background image isn't found in "C:/My Documents/XYZ/123/house.jpg" Now the new computer probably doesn't have this folder path (for example the My Documents might be in the C:/Users/ folder instead), so you have to create it (case sensitive--it must be exact). So once you create the 123 folder in the XYZ folder in the My Documents folder in the C:/ folder, then I copy the house.jpg file into this newly created folder. Now next time when you open the sequence it will look there and it will find the file this time and open it properly and at the proper size.

This is definitely a work-around, but it works (at least for me it always has).

Surfing4Dough wrote:

One thing that I have learned to do when this happens is to create the exact folder/path that the original sequence is going to look for the picture and place the picture in this newly created folder.
For example, when you first open the sequence an error message pops up stating that background image isn't found in "C:/My Documents/XYZ/123/house.jpg" Now the new computer probably doesn't have this folder path (for example the My Documents might be in the C:/Users/ folder instead), so you have to create it (case sensitive--it must be exact). So once you create the 123 folder in the XYZ folder in the My Documents folder in the C:/ folder, then I copy the house.jpg file into this newly created folder. Now next time when you open the sequence it will look there and it will find the file this time and open it properly and at the proper size.

This is definitely a work-around, but it works (at least for me it always has).
That worked! That's crazy why changing a single thing on the pic but the folder. I directed S2 to that same pic, just in a different path...and it wouldn't work. The only thing that is different is that on the other computer (Vista) the pic was in UsersOwner folder. Win7 had it in UsersBurton folder. Crazy why it would think the size is different.

Anyway...thanks!!!