• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• toddmoon

• Surfing4Dough

• jim6918

trankin79 wrote:

People getting frustrated over not knowing will do crazy things and stir the pot. Patience is a virtue, many don't have. I am one of them, however I USUALLY keep my mouth shut :}

Ditto here. This is not typical of my past experiences over the years with the LOR sales. A bunch of unanswered questions running through my mind and the also atypical continued lack of information keeps raising "warning flags" in my mind that I try to ignore. Not much else you can do though, other than wait and see what is going on.

"Soon" just has to be referenced in particular terms.. as in "Soon" in geologic terms is abt 100,000 yrs.. "Soon" in LOR terms, is jus a little less than that..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

"Soon" just has to be referenced in particular terms.. as in "Soon" in geologic terms is abt 100,000 yrs.. "Soon" in LOR terms, is jus a little less than that..

Depends what you are referring to in geology. Soon could be a couple million years, so in LOR terms that would be .......

May I express my thoughts please?? Why don't we just let this "When" thing about the sale go away?? I'm sure Dan the man will make it happen when he can. I been involved in a few threads about this, and all it does is get everybody cranked up. When it happens, it happens!! I need controllers and stuff as much as you all, but continually brining it up will NOT make a difference when it happens. I agree with most, that information about it could have been a little clearer. But we will all have to wait, just like you did as a kid a Christmas, wanting will not make it happen sooner. So let's all go on our merry little way and do some sequencing please. If you do not agree with me, that is your choice, just don't reply to this thread.

shfr26 wrote:

May I express my thoughts please??   Why don't we just let this "When" thing about the sale go away??  I'm sure Dan the man will make it happen when he can.  I been involved in a few threads about this, and all it does is get everybody cranked up. When it happens, it happens!! I need controllers and stuff as much as you all, but continually brining it up will NOT make a difference when it happens. I agree with most, that information about it could have been a little clearer. But we will all have to wait, just like you did as a kid a Christmas, wanting will not make it happen sooner. So let's all go on our merry little way and do some sequencing please.  If you do not agree with me, that is your choice, just don't reply to this thread.

+1

Denny wrote:

trankin79 wrote:
People getting frustrated over not knowing will do crazy things and stir the pot. Patience is a virtue, many don't have. I am one of them, however I USUALLY keep my mouth shut :}

Ditto here.  This is not typical of my past experiences over the years with the LOR sales.  A bunch of unanswered questions running through my mind and the also atypical continued lack of information keeps raising "warning flags" in my mind that I try to ignore.  Not much else you can do though, other than wait and see what is going on.

What Denny is saying echoes my concerns also. I think all (most) of us could swallow the truth as it is known to LOR, even if that truth is that there will be no controllers this year until design, manufacturing, delivery, whatever issues are corrected. I hate to see this turn into mistrust of LOR as a corporation, but I think that LOR is potentially committing PR suicide by a lack of open communication. I don't think that a good PR firm would recommend this silence.

I am approaching the sh** or get off the pot point in time where I need to either complete my 2011 show (channel configuraton and show elements) or dump the songs done this year and rerun the 2010 show without the changes I have spent most of the year working on.

I agree 100% with you Jim. I have my controllers, but I build trees and such for use with a LOR, well guess what , hardly anything going on because people are "waiting" to see if they can get any. It hurts everyone in a way. As you said, if they would just come out and let us know what exactly is the problem, it would make people more understanding than what they are thinking right now.

jim6918 wrote:

Denny wrote:
trankin79 wrote:

Ditto here. This is not typical of my past experiences over the years with the LOR sales. A bunch of unanswered questions running through my mind and the also atypical continued lack of information keeps raising "warning flags" in my mind that I try to ignore. Not much else you can do though, other than wait and see what is going on.

What Denny is saying echoes my concerns also. I think all (most) of us could swallow the truth as it is known to LOR, even if that truth is that there will be no controllers this year until design, manufacturing, delivery, whatever issues are corrected. I hate to see this turn into mistrust of LOR as a corporation, but I think that LOR is potentially committing PR suicide by a lack of open communication. I don't think that a good PR firm would recommend this silence.

I am approaching the sh** or get off the pot point in time where I need to either complete my 2011 show (channel configuraton and show elements) or dump the songs done this year and rerun the 2010 show without the changes I have spent most of the year working on.

Do you think that perhaps the LOR guys and gals are just sitting at their desks, laughing hysterically at the mice in the maze??? If I was them, I know I would be, cuz they know we aren't leaving...we are slaves to the 16 channel, CCR, CCB, S3 hype...and that ain't changing my fellow lighting enthusiasts.. so sit back grab a beer with me, and watch a little football, or work on a sequence while you wait for the next development. and I'm sure the next bit of info will be SOON

thevikester wrote:

Do you think that perhaps the LOR guys and gals are just sitting at their desks, laughing hysterically at the mice in the maze??? If I was them, I know I would be, cuz they know we aren't leaving...we are slaves to the 16 channel, CCR, CCB, S3 hype...and that ain't changing my fellow lighting enthusiasts.. so sit back grab a beer with me, and watch a little football, or work on a sequence while you wait for the next development. and I'm sure the next bit of info will be SOON

Exactly, and that slavery or addiction and loyalty to LOR should impart a little corporate honesty from the company. When I can't buy Penzoil for my car I just switch to Quaker State and most likely not think a thing of it. When I go to the store and see that they no longer carry Ritz crackers I buy Wheat Thins. Unfortunately, at this moment in time, many of us have $1,000's of dollars invested in LOR, either equipment and/or time spent sequencing and can't readily change to another lighting animation vendor. Like others have said, it's the uncertainty. If business factors preclude the sale of controllers and other items for this year, I wish they would just say it so I can switch to plan B for 2011.

displaysinmotion_will wrote:

... you have no reason to be worried at all.

Worried? I'm not worried... I'm just waiting for the next Cowpile to come along and ignite the simmering frenzy again.