Light-O-Rama Forums

Sales??

Dave Boros

same here. Was begining to worry that I would not get them at all this year. I guess I need to start working on music now.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• toddmoon

• Surfing4Dough

• jim6918

I ordered controllers and one start-up package, as I was just using the demo version of the software, today. I see on Dan's post that new software will be coming out next week. Am I going to have to pay for the new software, or will the old version update to the new?

jeremyworkman46 wrote:

I ordered controllers and one start-up package, as I was just using the demo version of the software, today. I see on Dan's post that new software will be coming out next week. Am I going to have to pay for the new software, or will the old version update to the new?

Dan has stated in the past that S3 would be a free upgrade to those who have purchased within the last year. So, you should be eligible for the free upgrade.

For those of you that ordered the G3 boards this morning, did you miss this little gem??

Please be advised that it may be many weeks before we can deliver. (orders placed early will be delivered fairly quickly)

:shock:

And from the Fully Assembled page:

Comes as pictured above. Controller card with Heavy duty heatsinks is pre-installed in the enclosure. You assemble the strain relief, clamp the wires in place, screw the strain relief to the enclosure and plug the wires into the card. In an hour (actual time may vary) you will have a 30 amp, 16 channel light controller.

Software is not included. The Generic Starter Package includes the adapter cables and software required to use this controller.

Availability: This year we have experienced serious supplier delays. However, we are now receiving a steady supply of the CTB16PC-GEN3 controller cards that are used to build the this controller. We know that the demand from our customers will outstrip our ability to provide immediate delivery of this product.

Please be advised that it may be many weeks before we can deliver. (orders placed early will be delivered fairly quickly)

TJ Hvasta wrote:

For those of you that ordered the G3 boards this morning, did you miss this little gem??

No, I saw it too. My order was confirmed by LOR at 6:03 AM. I hope that puts me in the first 1,000 or so controllers sold. LOL

I am usually the glass half empty kind of guy, but feel pretty good with the news provided by Dan, and am confident that I will have what I need by November.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

That is why I got up at 4:50am (west coast time) so I could be at my computer and ready to order by 5:00. I wanted to make sure my order would be shipped from the stock he has on hand now. I'm getting tired worrying about whether I would get any PC boards this year or not. Time to put this to bed and move on. Now I can concentrate on finishing the sequencing and getting other things ready.

At any rate... thanks Dan for getting the product out.

Please be advised that it may be many weeks before we can deliver. (orders placed early will be delivered fairly quickly) Well that about does it for the new guy. I wanted to set something simple up for Halloween. But if it is weeks and Christmas is around the corner, I guess I will can it until the new year... Maybe tax time...

AlanD wrote:

Please be advised that it may be many weeks before we can deliver. (orders placed early will be delivered fairly quickly) Well that about does it for the new guy. I wanted to set something simple up for Halloween. But if it is weeks and Christmas is around the corner, I guess I will can it until the new year... Maybe tax time...

If you need to be up and running, it appears that the soldering required kits are in stock. The ones for $180. From what I've read, it is easy to do, just takes some time. Plus they even stand behind your soldering work (if you mess up you're not out of luck) I am planning on ordering one of these, even though I can't solder well.

Alan, if you ordered it, you will still get it before Thanksgiving when most people turn on their lights.. Just keep plugging away with the Demo version (or Basic if you already bought S2) until it shows up.. You can go with the controller when it gets there, use some shared sequences and still be the BMOC (Big Man On Campus) (or BMOYS.. Big Man On Your Street), even with one controller.. really..

Secondly, and for all newly-minted LOR addicts, please put your city/state in your profile, that way, you/we might be able to find someone CLOSE BY that can 1) either loan you a controller, or 2) teach you to solder if you dont know how.

So I have been looking for the controller sale for today as mentioned by Dan. Haven't seen anything as of yet. Did I miss something? Today is the 7th right? :?

Crud, Flying for a living I was away and missed the early bird (5 am PT) purchase. I did get my 6 controller order in finally at 5 pm PT. I was extremely in the mood when ordering as our 400 vampire plugs and 4000' of SPT wire for this year also arrived today ;). When do we stop adding infrastructure?

obrienszoo wrote:

Crud, Flying for a living I was away and missed the early bird (5 am PT) purchase. I did get my 6 controller order in finally at 5 pm PT. I was extremely in the mood when ordering as our 400 vampire plugs and 4000' of SPT wire for this year also arrived today ;). When do we stop adding infrastructure?

You can't claim to be a real LOR'er unless you either, spend at least $3000 each year doing upgrades or get a warning letter from your wife's divorce attorney. Until then you are still considered a newbie.

I do have to say however, that 4,000' of SPT wire is a very nice start. When does the second 1/2 arrive?

Just kidding of course. Welcome to the forum.

obrienszoo wrote:

When do we stop adding infrastructure?

I plan on waiting until bears no linger [Foul Language Used] in the woods.

jim6918 wrote:

You can't claim to be a real LOR'er unless you either, spend at least $3000 each year doing upgrades or get a warning letter from your wife's divorce attorney. Until then you are still considered a newbie.

I remember somebody here saying to make sure you spend enough that she can't afford an attorney.

George Simmons wrote:

obrienszoo wrote:

That bear better not linger too long or he's liable to take a shot in the butt.

George Simmons wrote:

obrienszoo wrote:

Bears dont [Foul Language Used] in the woods.....They [Foul Language Used] on the highway and kick it into the woods :D

jim6918 wrote:

obrienszoo wrote:
Crud, Flying for a living I was away and missed the early bird (5 am PT) purchase. I did get my 6 controller order in finally at 5 pm PT. I was extremely in the mood when ordering as our 400 vampire plugs and 4000' of SPT wire for this year also arrived today :P. When do we stop adding infrastructure?

"You can't claim to be a real LOR'er unless you either, spend at least $3000 each year doing upgrades or get a warning letter from your wife's divorce attorney. Until then you are still considered a newbie."

Only 3K per year? There is where I am in trouble. No divorce letter yet but the the looks are getting a little worrisome. Problem is this is my wife's hobby. I just can't stop buying the stuff every year despite the fact that she does all the work putting it out. I guess you could say wife's hobby my addiction. Setup and Take down I could do without

"I do have to say however, that 4,000' of SPT wire is a very nice start. When does the second 1/2 arrive?"

The 4000 feet is only the upgrade this year. Doubled last years order. It lakes a lot to go around 1/2 acre. 8 20amp dedicated circuits buried underground outside...

"Just kidding of course. Welcome to the forum."

Thoroughly enjoy the forum. I'll always be a newbie. Now if I could just catch up to her understanding of the sequencing I could totally take over. S3 here I come. Wait, That might be the straw......:)