Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone still using LOR1???

Santas Helper

I was just curious about who is still using LOR1

I'm a firm believer if something ain't broke, don't fix it. But I'm also a believer in staying up with current time with new toys and such, or maybe not. I haven't switched yet.

I create new sequences with ease (after 6 years of learning this method) and seeing new software with some hick-ups, I've waited to update. My main reason is because I have about 3 computers to work with and one of them at work, where during break I can work sequences. But I will not have the ability to update my work computer with newer software because of restrictions I have so running or working sequences won't be available. I lucked out getting the LOR1 software loaded at my first week at work so I have not much of a choice in updating.

I have the new software on my home computer (just a couple weeks ago) but that's not what runs the show. My dedicated laptop does run the show and hate to change right now as things get closer to showtime. Maybe the beginning of next year but again, LOR1 runs great and sequencing isn't a problem. I don't expect surprises with LOR1.

But what advantages am I missing out on? AND, are there still issues being worked???

Thanks for your thoughts and input,

cmoore60 wrote:

Technically you can have both versions. You will just have to install to a different folder.

I have done this.

Chuck

But I can't use LOR2 sequences with LOR1 software. That's where the problem comes in if I upgrade at home and not at work. I may just have to sacrifice the work time and just upgrade and get the CD to upgrade the LapTop. Probably at the begining of next year.

But I do appreciate everyone's input.

I am still using LOR1. I am just using simple animations and not flashing lights to music. I have not needed to upgrade yet for the what I am doing.

Andy Anderson wrote:

I am still using LOR1. I am just using simple animations and not flashing lights to music. I have not needed to upgrade yet for the what I am doing.

Andy,

Thanks. At least I'm not the only one who hasn't upgraded although I am flashing lights and such to music. :P

But it's what I'm used to and it's simple AND with no problems. That's why I hesitate.

Change is tough but to keep up with newer equipment, eventually I'll need to change.

Santas Helper wrote:

cmoore60 wrote:
Technically you can have both versions. You will just have to install to a different folder.

I have done this.

Chuck

But I can't use LOR2 sequences with LOR1 software. That's where the problem comes in if I upgrade at home and not at work. I may just have to sacrifice the work time and just upgrade and get the CD to upgrade the LapTop. Probably at the begining of next year.

But I do appreciate everyone's input.

Tom, bring home your work computer and I can crack the admin password, then install the S2 software.

While I do that, you can work on my sequence from last year. LOL

Good luck man.

LOL, while it sounds like a good idea, it would probably be easier to sneek you into to than to sneak the computer (desktop) out of work. :)

But I better not chance it. :( I need to need to give them a reason to get rid of me ;)

I'll PM you on the other...

Tom -

I feel the same way you do about not fixing things if they aren't broken. However... S2 has a lot of great sequencing tools that are not available in S1. The foreground and background fade tools, the chase tool and many others save hours and hours of programming.

I know lighting season is coming up, but even if you are going to do Halloween, you have about five weeks to install and get any glitches worked out. When I upgraded, there were no glitches. I run sequences 365 days a year, and I didn't miss a beat. I usually wait at least a few weeks after a new version is release before I upgrade, and I won't upgrade anything after October 1st, with Halloween approaching and followed shortly thereafter by Christmas.

The new software will take a little getting used to, but well worth the effort.

D.T.

D.T.

You make some very valid points. You've just pushed me closer to the edge :P

Thank you for your thoughts/input.

Every single time I see this topic "Anyone still using LOR1??? "
I think it says Lori and wonder what people are using Lori for, and why people stopped using her.
You would think after 2 days of seeing it that I would get it, but no, not with a brain like mine ...

Jim Saul wrote:

I think it says Lori and wonder what people are using Lori for, and why people stopped using her.
You would think after 2 days of seeing it that I would get it, but no, not with a brain like mine ...

Well if it's any help, I knew a lori once.... and that's all I got to say about that. :(

"Kids in the audience"

Jim Saul wrote:

Well.... Jim uses me to do his sequencing. He still thinks I am sequencing six songs for him by Thanksgiving. :shock:
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P