Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing pumpkin faces sequences attn CRACKER

Eric Nanista

I too have jumped on the singing pumpkin face band wagon. I think Cracker has inspired us all. I have been programming Boom Boom Pow for months now and just got all the rope light frames done this week end. One thing, all that work doesn't even come close to Crackers genius.
So here is my question.

Does anyone know if he is sharing or selling his sequences?

I have tried to get a hold of him with no luck.

Thanks all
eman

Eric Nanista wrote:

I too have jumped on the singing pumpkin face band wagon. I think Cracker has inspired us all. I have been programming Boom Boom Pow for months now and just got all the rope light frames done this week end. One thing, all that work doesn't even come close to Crackers genius.
So here is my question.

Thanks all
eman
He will share what he isn't currently using but not the new stuff. Can't say that I blame him though, you can tell by his work that a lot of time and thought went into it. Having said that though he has always been very helpful with what materials to use, how to get a certain effect, etc. He did post some of his older stuff here in the halloween thread.

Eric Nanista wrote:

Does anyone have Kevin's e-mail, want to know if he will sell one or two.
If it isn't in that thread then he most likely will not, I have only heard from him thru PM though so that is the best route.

Eric Nanista wrote:

So here is my question.

Thanks all
eman

Eric,

You send me a PM at 7:12pm, then posted this at 7:24pm…only 12 minutes passed!! I checked through all my PMs and didn’t see anything from you previously. I do tend to get a lot of PMs from time to time, so I could have overlooked it and accidently deleted it. My apologies if I did. If not…come on! Only 12 mins. lol

Work has been busy lately. They usually lighten my work load during the Sept/Oct to help me prepare for Halloween…they are very supportive. But unfortunately there have been a few problems with the 4G network upgrades and they needed me to step in a takeover. So my free time to work on my sequences and other stuff has been cut down. I’m taking 2 weeks off in Oct, so hopefully I’m ready.

As others stated, I posted some of my older Halloween sequences. Sorry, I don’t sell my current sequence.

I totaly understand. Sorry about the double posting, just covering all my bases. If you change your mind on selling let me know, i will make a good offer.
Keep up the good work, cant wait to see what you have this year!
thanks !!!!!
eman

Eric Nanista wrote:

I totaly understand. Sorry about the double posting, just covering all my bases. If you change your mind on selling let me know, i will make a good offer.
thanks !!!!!
eman
Most of us are not in this for fun so I don't see Cracker selling his sequences, he does post them here and they are a free download. I can understand that, watching his videos over and over again he puts A LOT of attention into every detail. Slowly introducing new effects through out the show in such a manner as it makes you say "did you see that" and rewind.

Having said all this, if you are having issues with one or more of your Halloween sequences then I would suggest sending him what you have explaining the area's you are having the most trouble with. Cracker is real good about helping someone out and showing you either what you did wrong or how you can do it better.

Also if you add your location to your profile, some of us might actually live nearby and would gladly help you out.

caniac wrote:

Eric Nanista wrote:
thanks !!!!!
eman
Most of us are not in this for fun so I don't see Cracker selling his sequences, he does post them here and they are a free download. I can understand that, watching his videos over and over again he puts A LOT of attention into every detail. Slowly introducing new effects through out the show in such a manner as it makes you say "did you see that" and rewind.

Having said all this, if you are having issues with one or more of your Halloween sequences then I would suggest sending him what you have explaining the area's you are having the most trouble with. Cracker is real good about helping someone out and showing you either what you did wrong or how you can do it better.

Also if you add your location to your profile, some of us might actually live nearby and would gladly help you out.

That is a great idea. I still have several hours to put in on my sequence before it is to that point. Thanks for the info!!!
eman

A while back I did a little write up helping another member and uploaded a short part of his song and the seq to go with it changing the way I would do it. This was a slower song, so the fades are important. Fast parts of a songs like boom boom doesn't really need fades.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26254&forum_id=74&jump_to=241803#p241803

Kevin

Cracker wrote:

A while back I did a little write up helping another member and uploaded a short part of his song and the seq to go with it changing the way I would do it. This was a slower song, so the fades are important. Fast parts of a songs like boom boom doesn't really need fades.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26254&forum_id=74&jump_to=241803#p241803

Kevin

Kevin, you were very supportive last year and very inspirational to a bunch of us face virgins ;) I had nothing but positive excitement last halloween with my faces. My work is having me travel AGAIN this year on halloween day, so I won't get to see the crowds out front. This year has zipped by! Hope you were able to rebuild all your sequences after the theft last year. I know how hard and how many hours it takes to sequence the faces for just a few songs.

Thanks for all your support and participation in these forums!

You know.. I'm not sure I ever posted any video's of last year once I got it up. Not the best video, and there is a few glitches.. but here ya go.

Cracker wrote:

Your mouth sequence is very well done. Good Job!

Thanks Kevin! The yard and other decorations leave a bit to be desired though. Hopefully since the faces are already built for this year, I can spend more time on the yard. My main issue was figuring out the timing for turning on the strobes. I seemed to have to start the channel at 50% for about a second before hand so when I went 100% the strobe would fire. Kind of a pain. Anyway.. what changes are you making this year?

boborino wrote:

My main issue was figuring out the timing for turning on the strobes. I seemed to have to start the channel at 50% for about a second before hand so when I went 100% the strobe would fire. Kind of a pain. Anyway.. what changes are you making this year?

Are your strobes at risk of being damaged if underpowered at 50%? How long before you fire them at 100% are they run at the lower level? I have the xenon strobes from Darryl.

Brian

boborino wrote:

what changes are you making this year?

Hmmm....good question. What changes? I wish I started in Jan with my changes cuz I'm getting down to the wire. I made lots of changes…lots of DIY stuff. I just hope I built it correctly…some things will be trial by fire. We shall see.

As for the stobes...I just use 100% on/off and start it about 1/4 sec sooner.

Cracker wrote:

boborino wrote:
what changes are you making this year?

Hmmm....good question. What changes? I wish I started in Jan with my changes cuz I'm getting down to the wire. I made lots of changes…lots of DIY stuff. I just hope I built it correctly…some things will be trial by fire. We shall see.

As for the stobes...I just use 100% on/off and start it about 1/4 sec sooner.

Cool! Thank's for the tip on the strobes. Can't wait to see what you've done this year.. keep a fire extingusher handy just in case :D