Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miller Automation

PC Controllers

I seriously doubt there will be an assembled, or even partial-assembled board sale.. Thats why Dan just had the You-Build sale last week, he's clearing out his inventory to make room for the G3 boards.. He will not want to have BOTH G2(present board) and G3 on the same assembly table, I wouldnt.. it just wont make good business sense to build both at the same time.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I seriously doubt there will be an assembled, or even partial-assembled board sale.. Thats why Dan just had the You-Build sale last week, he's clearing out his inventory to make room for the G3 boards.. He will not want to have BOTH G2(present board) and G3 on the same assembly table, I wouldnt.. it just wont make good business sense to build both at the same time.

the pre-assembled boards are by a third party company not LOR.

Yes Will, I wasnt being specific. I knew Dan wasnt building them here. Is the same 3rd party building both G2 and G3?

The assembled boards are done by some company he orders them from, which they most likely use some wave solder machine that makes lots of boards an hour. My guess the holdup is not on his end but the supplier. After all if your in the business to sell stuff usually as soon as you have it in stock you put it up for sale, because sales are what pays the bills.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Joe, why didnt you get a -PC16 kit for $89???

I getting nervous that I should not have waited for the partially assembled ones to come on sale. It sounds like LOR is having supplier issues and there may not be a sale on them and now the kits are all gone in preparation for new generation controllers.

Oh, well you roll the dice, sometimes you win, sometimes not. We will just have to wait and see Wednesday. :(

Todd, you dont have a spare hour and a half to put a board together? Dan said there are still plenty of -16PC kits on hand... "two registers open, no waiting.."

If you dont have any time to do them, send them to me, I can bang both out in a couple hours.. If you want to drive up to SLC, I can comat them there, you can pick them up at USAir baggage claim..

Marksanctuary - I may have a couple of spare controllers you could use this season. Since we're both in Orangevale, it may work out OK. PM me.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Todd, you dont have a spare hour and a half to put a board together? Dan said there are still plenty of -16PC kits on hand... "two registers open, no waiting.."

If you dont have any time to do them, send them to me, I can bang both out in a couple hours.. If you want to drive up to SLC, I can comat them there, you can pick them up at USAir baggage claim..

Hopefully the partially assembled kits will come on sale tomorrow. If not I will have to pm Dan and see if it is possible to get the kits for the sale price if there even any left. I may take you up on the help. Will have to see how it go's.

Thanks for the offer. May have to figure out a different way to get them though. Blanding is just barely in Utah. Do you ever fly into to Grand Junction Colorado or Farmington NM? They are a lot closer to me than SLC is.

Sorry, USAir mainline just goes into SLC.. MesaAir (USAir Express) goes into Farmington, and I think Grand Junction.. I have two kits, board only, no cases/plugs yet..

I am patiently awaiting the partially assembled boards to be for sale. It would be great if they were "On Sale" but I would take "For Sale". I have read the next shipment will be Gen3 and be a little more expensive. How much is a "little"?

Kegan Wyatt wrote:

I am patiently awaiting the partially assembled boards to be for sale. It would be great if they were "On Sale" but I would take "For Sale". I have read the next shipment will be Gen3 and be a little more expensive. How much is a "little"?

Nobody here knows. Heck we have struggled with what "soon" means in "for sale soon."

The -16PC kits are in stock and available now.. Dan posted that in his last update, so if you've got a soldering pencil, get it out, get it tinned..

toddmoon wrote:

Hopefully the partially assembled kits will come on sale tomorrow. If not I will have to pm Dan and see if it is possible to get the kits for the sale price if there even any left. I may take you up on the help. Will have to see how it go's.

I PMed Dan about the sale price ($155) on the PC16 Soldering Required kit but no response so far...

First it said this...
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late August

Then this...
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late September

Is it going to be this next?
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late October

I sure would like to know the final answer so at lease I know how to proceed.

Guest wbottomley

marksanctuary wrote:

First it said this...
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late August

Then this...
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late September

Is it going to be this next?
ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late October

I sure would like to know the final answer so at lease I know how to proceed.

If the supplier doesn't know, then LOR wouldn't.

jldavis1969 wrote:

This is pointed at Toddmoon, even Las Vegas is closer to you than SLC is!!!!!

The only time Blanding gets counted as being in Utah is when the tax man shows up to collect otherwise no one knows where it is. Las Vegas and SLC are about the same drive time for me. The traffic is not near as bad though going to Vegas. The freeways construction around Salt Lake and Provo is nuts.