• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marksanctuary

• TJ Hvasta

• toddmoon

• displaysinmotion_will

wbottomley wrote:

I heard sometime in September. That's all everyone knows.

I heard the same thing, but I'm going to treat it as just another Willie rumor until I see it happen.

I have been watching the site since mid August... I only need one more controller for this years show and I would like to get earlier than later in the year. Sure hope they are in soon. :)

I have been waiting on the PC16 kits as well. Decided to do a Robin Wheel this year and to do it right you need at least 24 channels so I will need 2 kits to make this work. The extra 8 channels will be put to good use else where.

Email just out. The PC solider kits are on sale next.

I do not mind putting the cords together on the kits but I really are not excited about soldering kits together. I have to many other projects to work on as it is. Hopefully next week the PC16 will be on sale. :P

'just ordered two -16PC boards @ $89/ea.. Checkout charged $20 for shipping, but I'm guessing it'll be refunded or totaled without it when shipped...

I feel so old..............my equipment is getting outdated.............Last chance to do it yourself on soldering the boards from scratch.

Steve

steve synek wrote:

I feel so old..............my equipment is getting outdated.............Last chance to do it yourself on soldering the boards from scratch.

Steve

Lots of DIY options out there that you can still solder and are cheaper per channel. I use LOR equipment exclusively but will begin the DIY route next year. There's just too much good stuff out there to be used that does so much in a more economical way.

No offense to LOR though- as I said, I use their equipment and don't plan to get rid of anything, just going to learn the DIY side and go from there.

I started with DIYChristmas, went with several group buys/ SSR/Entec DMXPro route but quickly saw it was more work and $$ for seperate components, so I switched over to LOR.. I still have a bag of SSR parts, and the Entec Pro dongle, just havent sold them off, but I can see I wont be going that route anytime.. With ten -16PC boards (with this order), G3 isnt one of those jus-gotta-have-it things I see.. Now, S3, thats different! ;)

WOW, Faaaaaast!!
--------------------------------------------------------
The following items have been shipped to:

TJ Hvasta
xxxxxxxxx
Mesa, AZ US United States
xxxxxxxxxx

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to https://order.store.yahoo.net/OS/stat?yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name Code Qty Each Options
-----------------------------------------------------------
CTB16PC Kit (add options) CTB16PC-KIT-OPTIONS 2
xx 2 89.00
Enclosure = None
Heatsinks = Low Power HS (+0.00)
Output Cordset = None

UPS Tracking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Supply Cordset = None
Subtotal 178.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 178.00

I have done some soldering in the past a very long time ago. How much time would it take on average to solider a complete 30 amp kit?

What do you think the chances are that the already soldered kits will come on sale next and just needs the cords hooked up?

toddmoon wrote:

What do you think the chances are that the already soldered kits will come on sale next and just needs the cords hooked up?

If I were setting the odds...

50/50 for next week.
80/20 for the week after.