Light-O-Rama Forums

Two projectors

caimakale

• 3 weeks later...

caimakale wrote:

Is it possible to run two projectors, each with it's own video source? The two projectors will never run simultaneously, I'm just wondering if it's possible to have this type of setup on LOR.

If you are not running video to both projectors at the same time, you could have a relay switch the one video source between the two. Just set the projector to black screen instead of blue when no signal is detected. The relay controlled by an output on a standard LOR controller. Maybe??

The way Windows Media player works - which is esentially what LOR uses to display video is always going to start on the last monitor - BTW see this site for command line switches available; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241422

Knowing what I know about Windows, I don't think you can do it within Windows. But there are KVM switchs that you can control with windows commands. Thus you could have a bat file that sends the command to switch inputs/outputs on the KVM switch. You just have to find a KVM that allows for commands to be sent via a com port or an IP address.

Lastly, there are some projectors that allow you to broadcast to them via IP. You might be able to use a pair of these. Again a batch file that changes the broadcast IP settings.

If you get something like this working - DO SHARE!

The way I am reading this is that he wants to have two separate video outputs from the computer, have one video output to one projector then on another video output to the other video source

displaysinmotion_will wrote:

The way I am reading this is that he wants to have two separate video outputs from the computer, have one video output to one projector then on another video output to the other video source

Not sure... He also wrote "The two projectors will never run simultaneously"...

In theatrical lighting there is an item called a projector dowser. You can get 2 and in S2 (or S3) program each one open when you want it. They are DMX and you will need that LOR hardware as well.

Here is a web site that shows the common units used in theater . http://citytheatrical.com/la-dmxIris.htm Looks pretty pricy, I don’t remember paying that much.

Here's what I was thinking when I originally made this post.

For my Halloween display, I have a projector in my house that projects Hallowindow movies (1 to 2 minutes long) on a screen in my window, between songs.

This year, I would like to add "singing pumpkins" in my yard that project the faces of singing pumpkins onto uncarved pumpkins.

Both methods use video files and because my current window projection is a rear projection, I'll need to place a second projector in my yard to project up onto the pumpkins. I'm not sure if this is even possible to have two video sources.

I may eliminate the window projection altogether and put the projector in my yard for the pumpkins as I think that effect is much cooler.

• 1 year later...

This is just a thought, but what if you ran the two projections through the same file? In otherwords, have the pumpkins occupy the bottom third or so of the video and the window-projection fill the top two-thirds of the video. Then simply adjust and/or block the undesired video from the projection or area.

well my 2 cents worth here. if you have 2 good video cards installed and run the LOR at the same time a quad processor may be needed on the machine I like the dmx switcher posted above too.. for what you are trying to do... composite would work fine. I work in the av industry and see multiple displays working off one computer. I have 4 displays on my machine at work 2x dual video cards but the cards have alot of ram aned i am not running any programs like LOR in the background just excell exchange and office programs