Light-O-Rama Forums

Chasing lights on a square window

javerill

I want to add chasing lights around the windows of my house. My plan is to make a pvc frame and then add the lights to the frame.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone have suggestions on how to space my seven channels?

My thought was to measure the distance around the window and divide by seven. But then where should I start the first set?

Thanks!

Jim

I don't have any of these yet, but a CCR seems to me to be the best option for that. If yoyu have large windows then you could go the route you were thinking. I would think you would want 3 channels per side.

I wanted a tighter spacing on mine so I went with 6" spaced C9 bulbs. I have two rows so chasing probably wouldn't work, but could use 12" space C9 bulbs and a single row (see my 2009 frames)

Advantages include - the bulbs face out (best for LED), no wires showing, extra sturdy (won't twist), made with weather resistant materials (that are mostly free if you find the right source), take a matter of seconds to put up (made for vinyl siding, just slide the top over the window frame), plenty of material to hang other elements off of.

Picture tutorial of my 2010 frames

• 2 weeks later...