Light-O-Rama Forums

Got new triple monitor video card !! Video here I come

Denise Brunner

Have a eMachine Windows 7 64 bit machine. Looked around for a multi output graphics card, problem being the machine uses a pc mini express card. Found a card that has triple monitor output, but DVI connectors. Put card in and booted machine up, added drives and it works great. Was able to direct video to 2nd monitor (projector) while the sequence editor played in other monitor. Really excited looks like I might even get this done for this season. Purchased 100 ft VGA cord, so all I need is a DVI to VGA adaptor and I should be set for my projector set up. Now just to get the time for sequencing Videos - WOW what did I bite off !!! But this is just so way cool. Can't wait to see the faces of the Kids.

Glad to hear it.

Video is yet another exciting element to add to a Christmas display.

Be sure to test and see what your video projector displays while running 'live' and switching between sequences.

Set up at least 2 sequences with video in a show and schedule it to run so you can watch the video exchange between the sequences.

I am guessing that is where the major gliches come in ??? I already have the desktop set to black. Will make some test video sequences up and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up!!

Denise Brunner wrote:

I am guessing that is where the major gliches come in ??? I already have the desktop set to black. Will make some test video sequences up and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up!!

Well, most of the time there is two 'flashes' between sequences, flashing between video>desktop>video. This switch can be made minimal.

With a desktop background set to black to help minimize the changeover it would be good for all your videos to start and end with 'black'. Maybe a fade in or fade out to black.

All my videos start and end with a Christmas picture that is also my pc background. The videos start with this picture then transition into the video. Then at the end of the video it transitions back to this picture.

The first pass thru your sequences during a show this will be more noticeable. After the first run thru the time loading between sequences is reduced.