Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ralph A

ETA of CCB's or Not

Recommended Posts

LightORamaDan wrote:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan

Awesome!! Now lets see... I will be happy to run some of these QA test for you! You can send 10 to my address and I will report back what I find. You do have my address right Dan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surfing4Dough wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan

I'm willing to help by taking about 25 to test for you...or even 10...5...or even 1 if needed.  I'll even pay for the electricity used during testing.  :D


+1 !!!!

If you need anyone to test these babies out, I'm in for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BillyTRichVa wrote:

Hopefully the QC will end up positively!

and if it doesn't...I'll STILL take about 25 off your hands!!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if you need a ccb release canadate tester I would be willing to volunteer my time and service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

It's now a week later. Any news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

It's now a week later. Any news?

you missed a key word... "about" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

It's now a week later.  Any news?

It's now about a week later.  Any news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See guys, this is why Dan is afraid to say anything. Because if the date does not happen, then everyone.... well almost everyone gets on his case. As a business person myself, you don't make money by holding your services back. But you want to make sure that what you deliver is 100%. I am quite sure that LOR would love to make the sales rather than have everyone upset because inventory is not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Millard wrote:

+1 @ POST OF THE WEEK!!!!@

Jeff


Of the about a week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan

Hello Dan. Any updates on the testing???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BillyTRichVa wrote:

Hopefully the QC will end up positively!

:shock: sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsMeBobO wrote:

BillyTRichVa wrote:
Hopefully the QC will end up positively!

:shock: sigh

How many have you saved up for Bob? I want four 100 bulb sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BrownOut wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
BillyTRichVa wrote:
Hopefully the QC will end up positively!

:shock: sigh

How many have you saved up for Bob? I want four 100 bulb sets.

Originally I was hoping for 21 strings of 100 ct....

now that I have gone to "Plan B", I only need 9 this year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Originally I was hoping for 21 strings of 100 ct....

now that I have gone to "Plan B", I only need 9 this year..

I had planned to get 4 sets of 100 like Logan... but due to the delay I'll be skipping them 'till next year. I wonder how many sales they've actually lost due to the delay... I'll bet it's a lot more than they care to know...

BTW Jim, are you making your own sequences for plan B, or have you considered Brian's from the SuperStarLights site? I think I'm going to get what he made for four CCCircles.

Jeff


My original plans take 10 sets of 100. I am now on plan B and don't need any. IF they do happen to go on sale before Christmas I may buy one set of 100 just so I can play with it, to make sure I really want 10 for next year.

While I am disappointed I will not have them for this year. I am sure when they are available they will be ready to roll with no problems.

I am not saying they are seeing problems with quality tests, but its hard not to read that into the delay.

I'm sure no one more than Dan would love for these to have already gone on sale and have sold 10's of thousands of them by now.:shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though the silence is killing us, I am sure there is a good and justifiable reason for the delay. I feel LOR's pain.

They would never dissapoint if it could have been avoided.

I am also on Plan B. Not only because of the RGB's but I was hoping to buy a few more controllers in the summer sale. Now with time going by and my International location in the Caribbean where it could take up to six weeks to get a shipment at Christmas time, that's pretty much it for me.

(i am aware i could buy the controllers at full price now, but in these tough times any saving is a help)

Ron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also planning on getting 4 sets of 100ct ccb's & at least 3 more controllers. I'm going to wait until next year now. I've already switched to plan B.

MikeH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Millard wrote:

BTW Jim, are you making your own sequences for plan B, or have you considered Brian's from the SuperStarLights site?

Right now I am HOPING to sequence my own...but will probably run out of time and even though I think his prices are a little steep, I may buy one just to get myself started...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that it will all sell out before I get a chance to buy any of it. I personally just want a couple of CCFs. You guys can have the CCBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Dan


Update Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

What is the length of a set of 100?


50'. They have 6" spacing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

What is the length of a set of 100?

at this time?

0 feet... :P

but last time we heard they would be 50 ct strings with 6" spacing and you could plug in two sets into one controller, making virtually a 100 ct string about 50' long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note:

I recall it being 2 (two) sets of 50' (25 count) strands connected to a controller. Not 1(one) 100' (50 count) strand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

Just a note:

I recall it being 2 (two) sets of 50' (25 count) strands connected to a controller. Not 1(one) 100' (50 count) strand.

two 25ct at 50' would be a bulb every 2 feet...

I was going by want Dan said in this thread (not that it could not have changed since Dan's posting)

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=25718 Post #9

The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×