• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• LightsinMaine

• brian.t.lowery

• aurickle

jersey chris wrote:

It looks like the minisales are starting today! http://store.lightorama.com/semisa.html

Something doesn't seem right here.

No mention of it on their main web site nor their product page and no email notification.

Edit, I did see something in their store page but you have to search for it. Hummmmm

Santas Helper wrote:

jersey chris wrote:
It looks like the minisales are starting today! http://store.lightorama.com/semisa.html

Something doesn't seem right here.

No mention of it on their main web site nor their product page and no email notification.

It is the front page of the store though.
http://store.lightorama.com/

Maybe these will become known as the Super Secret September Mini-sales.

Happy to see the sales start! :cool:

Crossing my fingers that the CCBs will have a similar buy 6 bundle.

CCRs are 2' too short for my eves.

Yes, the email just came through for me as well. %16 discount on the price of CCR's and a free USB adapter for every six you order. Given that you really don't want more than 6 CCR's on a single network, that last part is a really nice bonus for people who are wanting to add several of them.

I might just have to order some CCRs even though I was not planning for it. I have been waiting so long to place an order, I think I'm going to get sucked in to purchasing something from each Mini Sale. LOL :P

rodman1369 wrote:

Free shipping?

Yes. Sale items will have free shipping. The cart may not show it, but LOR will deduct the total from your final bill.

DownTown wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
DownTown wrote:

It's easy to budget for a "Phased Sale. You don't budget for "sale" prices, you budget your purchases at full list price, and then when/if a sale happens, you're pleasantly surprised and excited to save a few dollars.

Good luck to Dan and LOR.

D.T.

It's not just a budget for price, it's a budget for "time" as well.

OK, I see your point with the "time" comment. The only thing that should be an issue is if the controllers are not delivered by show time, or if you are assembling your own and you don't have the time to get them finished. I understand that.

On the other hand, if I received controllers that were prebuilt the day before the display was supposed to start, that would be enough time to get them addressed, mounted and connected. All of the rest of the work would already be done, because you already know exactly where it will sit, what cords will plug into what channels (you have thre cords labeled, right?), and where the power and data for them is coming from. You DO have all that laid out, right? The sequencing would be all finished and scheduled. Set the addresses, mount the boxes and plug them in and your show's in business

No excuses! The show must go on! Even if you have to sit outside with a bunch of light switches, flipping them on and off to the music. So... get to work! :P

D.T.

Or hire a bunch of ladies to do it for you!

Here is my basement BEFORE LOR!

telephone-operators.jpg

To me, the delay in getting controllers should not matter much. But the delay in getting S3 may be more real, esp. if RGB was in the 2011 plans.

I was surprised in my first year how little time was spent on the actually hardware/controllers themselves ... most of the time spent is with software sequencing, planning and building and/or setting up stuff.

I know most already know that ... but don't wait on the sale for everything ... the sale isn't critical for a lot of tasks.

DownTown wrote:
(you have thre cords labeled, right?), and where the power and data for them is coming from. You DO have all that laid out, right? The sequencing would be all finished and scheduled. Set the addresses, mount the boxes and plug them in and your show's in business

No excuses! The show must go on! Even if you have to sit outside with a bunch of light switches, flipping them on and off to the music. So... get to work! :P

D.T.

D.T.
you don't need to question what I have done or need to do. I've been doin this since 2005. It's not my first rodeo or LOR sale. And my show will go on...

Wished I lived in a perfect world like some do...
Flip your own switches thank you :)