Light-O-Rama Forums

Has any body used WowLights Sequence - Lightning

fhuggins98

No, I'm not worried about spending a little time to get the sequence right. I'd have to convert the regular channel to and RGB channel and then program the color white.  I just wonder how bright they are.  Would they be bright enough to use for the Wowlights lightning sequence?  The sequence would cost almost as much as the lights!

No, I'm not worried about spending a little time to get the sequence right. I'd have to convert the regular channel to and RGB channel and then program the color white. I just wonder how bright they are. Would they be bright enough to use for the Wowlights lightning sequence? The sequence would cost almost as much as the lights!

IMO the sequence is worth the cost. As far as brightness of RGB well from what I have read that is all over the charts based on product.

Thanks, that's good to know.....I really wanted a thunder/lightning effect for Halloween. There are some simulators out there that hook up to your iPod or other sound system but you still have to buy the flood lights. When I heard about the Wowlights sequence I thought it might be worth considering. If I do a LOR show this year for Halloween I could use the same setup without having to but another simulator.

The wow lighting and thunder sequence only plays between songs not with any other audio unless you run two sequences at the same time to do that you have to run one sequence with lor controllers and one sequence with the mp3 director both in time with each

well I think I would have that going and audio of the old Halloween theme song I have on an old CD. Usually I just open a window and play that, and it sets the mood as a "scary house" on Halloween. With thunder and lightning it will be even better!

Our neighborhood is really fun at Halloween and Christmas.  All the neighbors share cookies and cider or wine.

Dennis, Eric. I have used many Wowlights seq. adapted for my home. I believe they are some of the best. Some of the ideas they come up with for the beats, are really cool.

I have also used the lightning seq. many times. I didn't need to run a separate program. Just create a Lightning track, with your channels. Were ever you need the lightning to pop, put that in your track. Now that said, I did need to incorporate the lightning into my music seq. using audacity. I would typically fire it off during a beginning of another song.

Thinking about it.... Is see what you mean now Dennis. I guess if you wanted to have lighting on top of the seq.music playing; it would need to be in a separate sub seq.

Been very happy with wowlights.

Best,

David

Hi David I wanted the lighting and thunder to come on during a song I have the lighting coming on but no audio wow lights told me to get the mp3 director to run two sequences if I wanted to do that. I didn't think about using audacity to try and combine both audio tracks i'll try and play around with that see if that will work Thanks Dennis

I have to wonder about the price of them myself. I am planning on using 4 singing monsters, 1 singing pumpkin and 8 mini pumpkins from Holiday Coro and their sequences are far cheaper.

Your right I use holiday coro singing christmas trees and the singing sequences are cheap $5.00 or$6.00 dollars however by the time you put all the lights on and buy 2 lor controllers you have an easy $1000.00 spent a little more if you go led's

Your right I use holiday coro singing christmas trees and the singing sequences are cheap $5.00 or$6.00 dollars however by the time you put all the lights on and buy 2 lor controllers you have an easy $1000.00 spent a little more if you go led's

I am actually buying the DIY Renard boards to go along with the 2 free ones i got from a friend. I am just breaking into this and dont have a lot of money to drop. I can buy and build two renard boards for the price of one LOR controller. Gotta save money where i can. But i have talked with a few people that run the LOR software with Renard and LOR controllers and they have no issues at all.