Light-O-Rama Forums

Has any body used WowLights Sequence - Lightning

fhuggins98

Has anybody ever used the wowlights sequencing. I am wanting to put lightning in my haunt this year. But want to make sure it is worth the money or is someone willing to share.
Thanks

fhuggins98 wrote:

Has anybody ever used the wowlights sequencing. I am wanting to put lightning in my haunt this year. But want to make sure it is worth the money or is someone willing to share.
Thanks

You don't say how many channels you have or are looking for, so here's a link to some of my 48 and 80 channel LOR Sequences:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d6d47dfa1c635ae&sc=documents&Bsrc=EMSHGM&Bpub=SN.Notifications&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211240

Just click on a folder to access subfolders for Halloween or Christmas. I have 48 channel in my 2011 Halloween Folder and 80 channel versions in both my 2010 and 2011 Halloween folders, only 80 channel in my 2010 Christmas folder has any sequences in it.

fhuggins98 wrote:

Thanks
i have it and am happy with it.

I've used their Christmas sequences, and they are very nice. THey just upped to 128 channels, so I am actually going back to the well to update a few of mine since my show has gotten to 160 channels.

I have used them for a couple of years (also incorperated portions into some of my other sequences). Very good (the small strobes they sell in the kit are minimal).

I previously purchased a number of WoWLights sequences and was very happy with them. I thought the timings were perfect and coincidentally I was able to adapt them to my channel configuration with almost no work. The arches matched mine perfectly and I was able to expand the mini trees to my display very easily. I was hoping that they would expand their available sequences but am disappointed that they have chosen to sequence more fringe music. The sequences they now have available I have already purchased or wouldnt care to use in my show.

• 4 weeks later...

fhuggins98 wrote:

Thanks

I don't have their lightning sequence but have several christmas, 4th of July, and halloween sequences and I am pleased with them.:)

fhuggins98 wrote:

Thanks

I bought a few sequences my first year (last year), they were quite good.

MikeH

I bought their lightning sequence, since I was too lazy or just plain ran out of time last year, love it! I incoporate it often between sequences for Halloween. I am now writing a 16/32 bit on a friend of mine....his song "Spooklight" is about the spook lights seen in the south. go to www.kevindanzig.com, the song is there.

This will be my first year with the Lighting set. I am wondering though, with the strobes as big as they are and the spots being more of a warm white, how does the affect look on the house? Has anyone replaced the warm white spots with cool white LEDs?

• 2 years later...

I'm also curious if you can use RGB floodlights for the lighting sequence. Rather than having a bunch of different colored floods I thought I could buy the RGB and use less of them?

I have a tough time paying $80 for just one sequence. Is it worth it?

I had 5 wow light sequences this year adapted them to my setup the only thing be carful on adapting them they tend to move very fast at times. I had one song I was worried that I may give someone a seizure while watching it but I do have to say the timings are spot on and with a little more refining for my tastes but  I will use them again next year maybe

wish we had an edit button as I noticed this was in the Halloween section after I posted I was using the Christmas ones not the Halloween ones  

I'm also curious if you can use RGB floodlights for the lighting sequence. Rather than having a bunch of different colored floods I thought I could buy the RGB and use less of them?

I have a tough time paying $80 for just one sequence. Is it worth it?

so did I at first but bit the bullet and it was a great sequence.  Would gladly pay for it again.  If you use it with RGB floods it might take some time.

Well I haven't actually purchased anything yet, but it looks like that sequence needs 3 strobes, and 5 finite floodlights.

The reason I was thinking of RGB floodlights is because when I switch over to Christmas I could still use those floods but be able to run different colors. I could get 5 RGB floods instead. I also wantto use colored floods in my Halloween setup and I thought with the RGB floods they could change colors so I wouldn't have to use so many different colored floods. Make sense?

I'm just trying to maximize my what I can get and use for the $..

The wow sequencs for the lighting effect is set up for regular channels if you use rgb floods you would have to convert the flood light channel to rgb then you would have to program the colors youself

Sounds like a bit of work, but if I worked on it during the spring/ summer I might be able to get it done. Maybe I ought to just go with the regular floods and then n the future upgrade to the RGB? Sine it comes all preprogrammed it sounds like this ay be the way to go.

I really don't know though,since 2014 will be my first year.

I purchased the software and have been playing around with it. I'll wait till this summer tp purchase the equipment.

I just like the idea of an RGB flood because one flood can do different colors, rather then having to have 1 white and 1 red regular floods to do the same area.