Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama LOR1602W Controller vs Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controller

caniac

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Linda wrote:
My sister wants to get into LOR this year. We are thinking that all she needs is a Showtime PC controller, the software and the usb-rs485 adapter? Is this correct? I don't want to tell her something wrong and I don't know enough about it to be sure? Thanks

you are correct. A PC controller with software and adapter is what is needed. You can buy a starter package to combine with a PC controller both here (when available after backorder issues fixed):
http://store.lightorama.com/diyproducts.html

don't forget a CAT5 cable...

caniac wrote:

I noticed that on WoWLights the PC controller is on backorder, if i was willing to spend the extra bucks what would be the down side of going ahead and purchasing the 1602W?

I used to have 1 1602W controller.What i did not like about it was when you loose power to it, it looses its identity.The pc controllers remember it.

wallleyes wrote:

I used to have 1 1602W controller.What i did not like about it was when you loose power to it, it looses its identity.The pc controllers remember it.

I would venture to guess there was something wrong with the controller (probably the unit selectors.) The 1602W doesn't lose it's ID when powered down unless there is a problem.

I had one CTB-16D controller that was giving me problems. When powering back on after a rain storm, it would come up with a different UnitID. It turned out to be one of the selectors had gone bad.

jimswinder wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Linda wrote:
My sister wants to get into LOR this year. We are thinking that all she needs is a Showtime PC controller, the software and the usb-rs485 adapter? Is this correct? I don't want to tell her something wrong and I don't know enough about it to be sure? Thanks

you are correct. A PC controller with software and adapter is what is needed. You can buy a starter package to combine with a PC controller both here (when available after backorder issues fixed):

I didn't---it is included in starter package. :D

Surfing4Dough wrote:

I didn't---it is included in starter package. :D

lol I was referring to this statement:

you are correct. A PC controller with software and adapter is what is needed.

Linda wrote:

I just got a fog machine on ebay and was wondering if it would look better in the coffin or on the ground under it. I like the idea of it being placed inside too. Will have to see which way looks better when the fog machine arrives.
i would think inside and if you could make a "chiller" to keep it low lying. saw where you could take a short piece of pvc, cap it at one end, drill a few holes on the side you want the fog to go, and insert frozen bottles of water in the other end. supposedly it cools the fog so that it doesn't drift up and evaporate as quick. will try to test this soon. if it works then that might be an option. also on here someone has hooked up a fog machine trigger button to a LOR outlet.

Don wrote:

wallleyes wrote:

I would venture to guess there was something wrong with the controller (probably the unit selectors.) The 1602W doesn't lose it's ID when powered down unless there is a problem.

I had one CTB-16D controller that was giving me problems. When powering back on after a rain storm, it would come up with a different UnitID. It turned out to be one of the selectors had gone bad.
Must have just been a bad controller.