Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama LOR1602W Controller vs Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controller

caniac

I noticed that on WoWLights the PC controller is on backorder, if i was willing to spend the extra bucks what would be the down side of going ahead and purchasing the 1602W?

jimswinder wrote:

Check out the last statement on this page about the weight difference:

http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimePC.html...

Other than higher shipping charges (Plastic enclosure vs metal) pretty much the same...

That link goes to a page that says: "
[align=center]Sorry, but the requested page no longer exists or is currently being updated. Sorry for the inconvenience. [/align]

imawlkr2 wrote:

remove the ... at the end of the link. Worked for me once I did this.

Thanks. You're right...it worked...without...all the....

CKSedg wrote:

imawlkr2 wrote:
remove the ... at the end of the link. Worked for me once I did this.

Thanks. You're right...it worked...without...all the....

sorry...

link fixed...

My sister wants to get into LOR this year. We are thinking that all she needs is a Showtime PC controller, the software and the usb-rs485 adapter? Is this correct? I don't want to tell her something wrong and I don't know enough about it to be sure? Thanks

Linda wrote:

My sister wants to get into LOR this year. We are thinking that all she needs is a Showtime PC controller, the software and the usb-rs485 adapter? Is this correct? I don't want to tell her something wrong and I don't know enough about it to be sure? Thanks

plus lights, extension cords, 6 months to sequence, patience, fm transmitter, more patience, understanding husband, understanding children, part-time job to buy even more controllers, more lights, shrink (for husband and kids...there will be no help for her)...

check out what is in a starter packages...it has all you need... (replace PC Controller for the Commercial one)

http://www.lightorama.com/StarterPackages.html

wbottomley wrote:

@Jim.... 6 months to sequence?

I'm just starting and should have all of the, completed by Thanksgiving. What takes you so long?:D

Could it be that new S3 software??
obviously being on this stupid forum!!!!!!

did anyone else just hear that?

sounded like a large group of people yelling "GET OFF THEN!!!"

:(

Well she doesn't have to worry about the husband or kids. She's a widow and only one "kid" who is 40 years old. :( Now she certainly might have to worry about the dogs chewing everything up! She thought she could get what she needs cheaper by getting the pc controller and buying the other stuff separate.

Linda wrote:

She thought she could get what she needs cheaper by getting the pc controller and buying the other stuff separate.

Don't know if you have been reading other threads..but sounds like there is quite the shortage of PC Controllers right now...were you going to get one now or at the sale?

I think she just wants to get it as soon as she can although it would be nice to be able to wait for the sale since the shipping is free and controllers will be a little cheaper. I don't expect those to be on sale until around the end of Sept. though.

Linda wrote:

I think she just wants to get it as soon as she can although it would be nice to be able to wait for the sale since the shipping is free and controllers will be a little cheaper. I don't expect those to be on sale until around the end of Sept. though.

well...good luck finding one...let us know if and where you found it, because there are other searching also!!!! :D

Ain't it so!!!! This has been very frustrating for a lot of people. I didn't plan to buy anything this year, but I know a lot of others are.

Linda wrote:

you are correct. A PC controller with software and adapter is what is needed. You can buy a starter package to combine with a PC controller both here (when available after backorder issues fixed):
http://store.lightorama.com/diyproducts.html

Thank you. That's what we thought but wanted to make sure before she ordered in case there was something else she wound up needing and couldn't get in time to use this year. I'm really excited about the new software and have been waiting for that to be released before adding the extra channels from a controller I bought earlier in the year, but I'm afraid I may have waited too long. I also decided to computerize my Halloween display this year. I don't go out for Halloween like I do Christmas so I needed some more props for the yard. I found this on Craig's list for 20.00 and now I'm really getting excited about the Halloween display. I have to repaint it since it was used in a haunted house and has that yucky blue paint on it (I guess because they used a black light and that made it show up better). I was thinking about getting a little strobe light and mount to it somewhere but not quite sure what kind of lighting (except maybe a spotlight) to use on it.

Attached files 261781=14510-coffin.jpg

Linda wrote:

Thank you. That's what we thought but wanted to make sure before she ordered in case there was something else she wound up needing and couldn't get in time to use this year. I'm really excited about the new software and have been waiting for that to be released before adding the extra channels from a controller I bought earlier in the year, but I'm afraid I may have waited too long. I also decided to computerize my Halloween display this year. I don't go out for Halloween like I do Christmas so I needed some more props for the yard. I found this on Craig's list for 20.00 and now I'm really getting excited about the Halloween display. I have to repaint it since it was used in a haunted house and has that yucky blue paint on it (I guess because they used a black light and that made it show up better). I was thinking about getting a little strobe light and mount to it somewhere but not quite sure what kind of lighting (except maybe a spotlight) to use on it.

I would repaint it gray or black then going with your strobe suggestion BUT get a small fog machine to place inside and blast fog.

I just got a fog machine on ebay and was wondering if it would look better in the coffin or on the ground under it. I like the idea of it being placed inside too. Will have to see which way looks better when the fog machine arrives.