Light-O-Rama Forums

No Response from LOR

Tim P

Hey all,
I simply need the software installed in my new laptop and am having issues. I called LOR and now answer, also Voice mail has been labled as " Crashed", so you can't leave a message.
Also, I wrote an email to support about 3 -4 days ago, still no response. Are they closed or on vaca??

I did go back and forth with Bob and tried some of his suggestions about a month ago, but nothing worked. I just need help getting the software installed.

Thanks
Tim

Could you provide us with some details as to the issue you are having with the install? Perhaps someone here can assist.

What operating system? What errors are you getting? What steps have you previously tried to resolve the problem?

Hey Don thanks,

Below is the email I just sent about 3 days ago. Also I'll include a link to the thread in regards to this topic that I started about a month ago.

Email:body

Good afternoon,

I got a new laptop around Christmas, however had no need at the time to sequence or run show from new laptop. the show was running on old pc. About 2 months ago I tried to install on the new laptop (hp, windows 7, 500 gig hard, 2 ram, )and could not. I read everything I could find on the LOR page, posted issue on forums ( got several suggestions from admin, I think Bob), and even asked fellow users. Could not get past the error.

I put the issue aside and gave up. I now really need to get this installed, so can someone PLEASE help me get this installed on my new laptop.

It appears the install is almost complete , but then can't run. I get to a window that says, " Installation is complete Light-O-Rama has all the information it needs to run. Click next to begin. And thank you for choosing Light-O-Rama. (there is no button that says "begin", however I hit the obvious button that says "finish". The error is, "Error: Bad file name on number Or step: Install Demos." Then I click "OK" and a new window opens up. It reads, "Light-O-Rama is not correctly installed."

Please help me get the software installed asap.

Thanks

Tim

as for the no response from LOR, look at where they are located (address taken from LOR website)

Physical Address:
Light-O-Rama, Incorporated
22 Hudson Falls Rd. Unit 52
South Glens Falls, NY 12803

Parts of NY are under manditory evacuations due to the approach of IRENE,according to a news report I just read on Yahoo.

Tim P wrote:

Tim..did you uninstall and do the registry wipe as had been suggested. If you've attempted multiple installs, that could definitely be creating some issues. The wipe utility will clean things up.

I had one machine that would not complete an install, and it was related to some usb driver issues...LOR had some struggles with com ports and some FTDI drivers I had been using. Symptom is, it installed, and then when it got to the final steps where you are, could not complete. This was on an XP machine.

That said, would definitely use the wipe utility, and as Bob preaches, "reboot, reboot, reboot"..

Don, Yes I removed or uninstalled LOR after the first attempt, then reboot, then tried again. Still nothing. Anything that was suggested I tried.

I need someone who know this program well and someone who knows what they are talking about in regards to installing the program. It appears the forum suggestions are not cutting it, and just maybe a verbal conversations/walk thru. This should not be that difficult right? I mean this is a company that sells software for a living.
I will say that glitches can happen, I may be doing something wrong, etc, whatever the case, I should be able to get someone to get this program installed without have to go back and forth in a thread 2 months ago 18 times, and still no resolution. Now a phone call, and the know one answers, the voice mail doesn't work and then no response to an email. Come on, I have a damn good reason here to be frustrated.

Anyone ?
T

When you open the software, instead of double clicking it. Right click on it, run as administrator and see if you can get further. Windows 7 still has UAC (user access control) and might be mucking up the install.

or if you like, PM me and I can remote into your machine and take a peek. I'm IT by day and LOR by night :)

Tim P wrote:

Don, Yes I removed or uninstalled LOR after the first attempt, then reboot, then tried again. Still nothing. Anything that was suggested I tried.

I need someone who know this program well and someone who knows what they are talking about in regards to installing the program. It appears the forum suggestions are not cutting it, and just maybe a verbal conversations/walk thru. This should not be that difficult right? I mean this is a company that sells software for a living.
I will say that glitches can happen, I may be doing something wrong, etc, whatever the case, I should be able to get someone to get this program installed without have to go back and forth in a thread 2 months ago 18 times, and still no resolution. Now a phone call, and the know one answers, the voice mail doesn't work and then no response to an email. Come on, I have a damn good reason here to be frustrated.

Anyone ?
T
Do you have a file saved or are you trying to download from the lor website? I tried to copy the program to a disc and load on my new laptop and got kinda the same error. I went to the website downloaded from there and all has worked fine since

Tim P wrote:

Hey all,
I simply need the software installed in my new laptop and am having issues. I called LOR and now answer, also Voice mail has been labled as " Crashed", so you can't leave a message.
Also, I wrote an email to support about 3 -4 days ago, still no response. Are they closed or on vaca??

I did go back and forth with Bob and tried some of his suggestions about a month ago, but nothing worked. I just need help getting the software installed.

Thanks
Tim

Please send me a PM with your phone # and email address. Someone in our office will contact you about setting up a remote access session to troubleshoot this with you. Thanks!

Tim P wrote:

Anyone ?
T

You're getting plenty of offers of help, which is great. But again, did you use the registry wipe utility? The link was provided in your original post. Definitely encourage you to uninstall LOR, reboot, run the Reg Wipe, reboot, attempt re-install.

trankin79 wrote:

When you open the software, instead of double clicking it. Right click on it, run as administrator and see if you can get further. Windows 7 still has UAC (user access control) and might be mucking up the install.

or if you like, PM me and I can remote into your machine and take a peek. I'm IT by day and LOR by night :P

This is great advice, the UAC is the culprit in many installs in win 7. This isn't a bad thing by any sense of the word, it keeps malicious installs from happening. So as the author stated, Right click on the EXE file from windows explorer and tell it to run as administrator. Then go for it.

As a network administrator I see this on many occasions.

Let us know your results.

Tim P wrote:

I tried the wipe, and got this message,

REQUESTED PAGE

DOES NOT EXIST

Sorry, but the requested page no longer exists or is currently being updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tim, you've had offers of experienced folk to remote access your machine and help you fix it, I would strongly consider that very kind offer..

There are a couple of directions one could go to safely fix this challenge. The wipe is a good repair, but if LOR has pulled the tool, that tells me that it could have caused some other issues if used incorrectly. By this same reason Microsoft pulled the failed install repair tool a few years ago. Your best fix is a helping hand, and or a good UPDATED reg repair/clean tool. Personally I have had excellent success with JV16, but here again I am a trained /certified professional.

Some people say I am certifiable, but that's another story for another thread..

Happy Trails...

Thanks all, I am in the middle of some last minute Hurricane Irene prep (just outside of Phila),but will contact the ones who kindly offered some remote help.

HUGE thanks!!! I'll contact you soon, before power goes out.
Tim

Tim P wrote:

I tried the wipe, and got this message,

REQUESTED PAGE

DOES NOT EXIST

Sorry, but the requested page no longer exists or is currently being updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You had the wrong link. Try this:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.9.4/LORRegistryWipe.exe

And for all 2.9.4 related downloads:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.9.4/

Ok questions guys... I clicked on the new link provided for the LORRegistryWipe.exe, then cliccked 'Run", then got a window that reads..." LORRegistryWipe.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"

So my question is, 1) I didn't hit the "download" button,I clicked on "run" and 2) my options are delete, action, or view download. Which one do I click on?

Sorry, I just don't wanna make matters worse.

Thanks
Tim

I use XP, so not at all familiar with Windows 7 and some of the features they have such as UAC.

The software is safe..but sounds like there are some safety settings in Win 7 that want you to tell it it is ok to download and run.

If you have removed your latest load of 2.9.4, and rebooted, then you are ready to run the wipe tool.

So download it, AFTER removing your latest load of 2.9.4, and run it..its an exe file.

Again, you may need some assistance with your laptop running Win 7 and setting permissions, etc., and one of the other fine people who has offered to do that is better equipped to do that for you.

It does sound like the root cause of your issues is some sort of permissions setting that Win 7 has.

Good luck with the storm, and, getting this issue resolved.

Tim P wrote:

Ok questions guys... I clicked on the new link provided for the LORRegistryWipe.exe, then cliccked 'Run", then got a window that reads..." LORRegistryWipe.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"

So my question is, 1) I didn't hit the "download" button,I clicked on "run" and 2) my options are delete, action, or view download. Which one do I click on?

Sorry, I just don't wanna make matters worse.

Thanks
Tim

I would download it (to your desktop) and then double click on the file to run it that way. All that warning message is about is Windows telling you that it doesn't recognize LorRegistryWipe as a popular program so it can't ensure its safety. The the software world, LOR isn't that common of a program compared to the likes of MS Office, Corel, etc.